Thread: Very Low Performance on NVIDIA Cards?

Very Low Performance on NVIDIA Cards?

Hey all, I just loaded F:NV up and I am receiving horrifying fps and lots of stutters my PC is way over the specs wanted to run the game, and I run FallOut 3 at max settings with small to no lag. And my problem is my video card monitors point to that only 15% of the video card power is being utilized basically putting me at crappy frames. I am using a GTX 460 and the newest drivers. Anybody having the same subject or have a solution? Any word on this if the new NVIDA drivers fix something?

Re: Very Low Performance on NVIDIA Cards?

Yes I am familiar with this issue because I have also faced this issue and that is why I have discuses this issue with my friend and he just fix this. Can you tell me here that have you tried to set the GPU to performance mode with either the nvidia control panel or something like NVU? So if you do not have tried this then try it hope it works in your case.

I am also facing the same issue and regarding this I have not tried anything which is related to the actual GPU just in to the game setting before I realized that it only using a fraction of the GPU. And again when I run other games and those run without any issue on to the max setting. When I was playing the fallout 3 earlier for an hours to get back into the Fall Out swing, then there is no issues.

I am really getting wondered when I check the control panel and see if it has New Vegas in the list of games? Then it might be that it and it does not have any preset setting like the FallOut 3 does. And in that case may be the adding the NV launcher and the EXE to the Fallout 3 profile might help? Nvidia is going to release the driver regarding this but the AFAIK does made no mention of New Vegas.

There is a new Nvidia drivers which is released currently and that you have to install and after that that in the NVIDIA Control Panel you are able to search a profile for Fallout New Vegas, in it you are able to try setting "Power management mode" to "Prefer maximum performance". Tell me if there is any improvement. And also you are not able to turning off transparency multisampling and water related effects.

I am also facing the same issue and in this I have tried many of the solution regarding this but not able to get the solution. I have this issue with the Radeon 5850, and I have also tried the two sets of drivers, and in this GPU is never going higher than the 50%, more often than sitting around 30%, very choppy outside, and in this I have not tried the codec removal yet, at work atm. Tell me what to do?