Thread: brand new laptop can't play HD video

brand new laptop can't play HD video

I just have bought a new laptop for my daily use, I loved to enjoy movies on it but when I play a high definition video then it is slight lag. But it is not still watchable. I am sure I having all the require configuration to watch a high definition videos. I have got ATI Radeon HD 4000 graphic card in my laptop. I don’t know what kind of setting I should do to see high definition videos. Thanks in advance.

Re: brand new laptop can't play HD video

The resolution of your laptop screen may change because of that you cannot see the High definition videos. I recommend you to do the changes in to your laptop screen resolution; so that you can get the very good picture. For adjusting the screen resolution right click on the main screen and then go to the properties. In the property window, select the settings tab, from there you can adjust your screen resolution and also can apply default resolution.

As you have written that you have ATI radeon graphic card for your laptop, then I think you don’t have installed all the drivers properly for the same. Drivers are working properly or not that you can check by going in to the device manager. Just right click on my computer and in the manage option you can find the device manager, open it and a list of devices will appear. Then look for the graphic card device and if that driver is marked with red exclamation then it means that you have not installed it properly. Or if there is yellow mark then it means your system is using generic driver. So first do check that, I hope this information will help you.

To play the high definition videos on the laptop you must need a good software program for that. PowerDVD is the reliable and versatile program that used to play the HD DVDs and another program called WinDVD8 which having the support for most graphic card. If you are not having the one of these two programs into your computer, then I advise you to install these.

I love to watch the high definition videos on my laptop but I was also facing the same problem while playing the HD videos. Then one of my friends told me to upgrade the graphic card to Nvidia GeForce 9, then I installed and it was very compatible with my laptop and from there I can watch the high definition videos easily. I think you should also check that is your graphic card is compatible or not. If you are having any other query then please reply me.