Thread: Monitor remains black after changing the graphics card

Monitor remains black after changing the graphics card

I have recently changed the graphic card and started facing weird problems. Now when I start the system, my monitor remains black!! I have recently purchased the graphic card, so I don't think that there should be some problem with it. I am getting frustrated and I really want to solve it now. So thought that searching on internet would not be that much useful, so posted here. People hanging out there please help me. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Monitor remains black after changing the graphics card

If the black monitor after graphics card change, here are a few ways to solve the problem: First of do not get nervous, because the fans turn up full so long may overheat not the hardware. It takes some getting no CMOS reset needed. The new card is 99% not only initialized. (The exception is a simultaneous CPU change, or a BIOS update from the motherboard, because you should always do a CMOS reset Important: Before write down the BIOS settings). First power connector for the graphics card check. Always use all power connectors are connected. Who has a PCI Express connector, the graphics card comes with the branch to use as plug adapter. It must plug each branch only electricity to be connected. Then try doing PC switch off, switch on - often repeat, every 5 sec wait between PC and after the launch at least 10 seconds to give the initialization time.

Graphics card to expand and re-insert (possibly the PCIe video card clean header times (not the slot from the motherboard)). Card into place always right, when tightening sure this will be the video card by not tilted back and pulled out of the slot. A common issue has become the memory modules. Memory modules and memory slots to check whether everything is in place. New i7 motherboard can take it amiss if one uses the memory banks A2 B2 C3 A1 B1 C1 instead.

If multiple PCIe slots available on the Main Board are, you can try the 3D card in another slot. Sometimes it is the monitor, if it got the wrong signal, it can go into standby. The monitor just off and on. If everything does not work, install the old graphics card again. At PC booting, when the picture comes another try the new graphics card. Develop and test card in another computer, so you can rule out a defect or PCIe-incompatibility. If the card is in order, can be performed as a last resort, a CMOS reset, however, should be trusted to store the settings for how to achieve CPU and boot disk again.

My TFT stands for the connection to the graphics card to idle or standby. I turn my PC on, nothing excites visible on the monitor, but I prefer the DVI cable, it shows "Check signal cable" to the screen the message. Indeed appears to be running current through the card, otherwise I would not respond yes TFT, right? Otherwise, run all the fans / lights. Could it be that I have a defective CPU or other defective part in (apart from the drives are screwed together computers) have?

If you want to change a graphics card, first take down the old driver. (Unless, that the new card is also under the old because such an Nvidia was in it 6800 and again comes in a 9600 Gt. Download the installer and run without leave. Okay. Then the old bird is now completely down, the old card out, the new card inside, matching up drivers and now . Whether that is true, shows the screen - As if the light.