Thread: SLI vs. Crossfire of graphic card

SLI vs. Crossfire of graphic card

What are the pros / cons of SLI and Crossfire? What is to be preferred. More attractive with the new Catalyst Crossfire? Or is it better to use a powerful graphics card (ATI or NVIDA)? I am posting here so that you members will provide lots of information over here. Main thing I want to know is SLI vs. Crossfire of graphic card. Any other notes related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: SLI vs. Crossfire of graphic card

If 2 graphic cards, then SLI from nVidia, but containing quite expensive, only worth going from 2 x 8800 GTS 640, are the costs but also already 700 €, and then slowed down yet determined the CPU, it would only be worthwhile if you are on 2560x ..... play, otherwise tuts a good graphics card.

Always comes out on, how much money you want. I have allowed myself and SLI, because 2 7900 GS for 180 € fit in well in my budget Other reasons were, for example: With SLI motherboard, there are more choices than with Crossfire motherboards for some SLI motherboard is an SLI bridge (in Crossfire mobos you have to buy still 2 Crossfire bridges to annoying) and also the SLI mobos for AMD not so expensive. So SLI can already pay quite well, containing only a matter in which monetary framework.

Where is the offer, the site to remember myself. If anything, then it is only recently so and even then gibs for 180 better alternatives such as a X1950XT or something. This one is almost always faster, except in Oblivion that actually benefits from 1to1 2 graphics cards. SLi really worthwhile only if you want to play with an Apple Cinema Display, which has a resolution of 2560x1800 or so. Apart from the fact that you will not be able to gamble, those 30 inches and most owners have the wherewithal to do so, because then even a single 8800Ultra overwhelmed.

The advantage of the matter is then namely: the graphics memory is limited in such extreme resolutions and 2 (high end) card can not but raise this doubling still. I must admit I myself have two 7900GT 256MB cards in it but I also have at least a 22 inch widescreen with 1680x1050, is there really not enough for 256. Since the extra mile makes Vram noticeable.