Thread: Does HM55 have switchable graphics?

Does HM55 have switchable graphics?

Since I am not able to discover an ultimate answer, I figure I would ask here. I have an Acer laptop with an ATi 5650 graphics card, and an i5 processor, HM55 chipset. I hear that HM55 has an incorporated graphics card, so I was wondering if it was probable to exchange between the two cards to save power, which I actually need. Is it possible?

Re: Does HM55 have switchable graphics?

Can you tell me here exactly what the model of your laptop is? I am asking this because some of the model support regarding this and some are not. If the computer was not advertise or manufactured to have switchable graphics, then it almost certainly doesn't. So please tell me as soon as it is possible for you.

Sorry I have just forgotten to mention that I am using Acer Aspire 7740G-6364. And I do not think that it was advertised as having switchable graphics. But why this is matter please tell me? I just want to confirm that if it has the hardware, should not it be possible. Please post it as soon as it is possible

Regarding this it is maybe maybe not. Simply notebooks that are specially advertised as ones through switchable graphics be inclined to contain the capability to do so. Like other user said, it all comes downward to the model of your laptop. Make sure in Device Manager and other utilities, to see if you do. On the other hand, I extremely doubt that you will discover anything of value.

There is extra hardware necessary to run the IGP in excess of the GPU. And similar to said before if it had such hardware that would have been advertised with the laptop. Immediately having a processor with an IGP does not mean your laptop can use it. It must had that supplementary hardware implemented.

Hey friend really thanks a lot. I am thanking you because after trying your solution my problem gets fixed. Actually like you I most of them I was also facing this from so many days and regarding this I have visited most of the forum site also but not able to get the perfect solution. But when I have read your solution then I have tried this and it really works. I really want to thanks you all of you.