Thread: Option "Closed caption" not displayed on Comcast HD

Option "Closed caption" not displayed on Comcast HD

Have a HDTV. Along with a HD station. I got the close caption in my HD when I bypass the cable box. One of my TV using Motorola 6214 DVR unit and another one using Motorola 5100 unit. And that box is used to show the closed caption until the new software is uploaded by the Comcast. There is no HD tuner in my TV. There is a caption is available in all channels along with the analog signals. But the problem is I don’t know from where I got the close caption and how to active it? Otherwise my plasma TV will be worthless for me. Any suggestion…..

Re: Option "Closed caption" not displayed on Comcast HD

I think there is no close caption in the component input port. Just ensure that when you watching any program or event in your HDTV. You should depend the close caption on your cable box, not in your HDTV. Because I seen it on my Motorola control box, it need to first power off the control box, then press to the MENU button on the remote control. After that the set up screen will appear, and there you have to choose the closed caption.

In my Sony kdlvl160 and Comcast HDTV box the set up screen which is for the caption, appears in a black screen. In the earlier I was able to do this same thing, and select the close caption from the screen of the setup. But now it no flashes, it comes in a black screen. In other ways the caption is working with a DVD disk.

Having a HDMI cable hooked up with the COMCAST Motorola cable box, the caption is not appears in my TV menu for the menu option. After that checked every where to fix this problem, and found a solution and suggest you to go through this, it will help you. After turning off the box used the MENU button from the remote and the COMCAST Motorola Box MENU set up. There is an option to enable or disable the closed caption.

Hello,
    If all the channels are available, you should be able to see the channels whether it is HD or not. I also had a problem with my Motorola 6412 with Comcast. Get the closed caption through the SD as well as HD channels. Closed caption are generally work with RF or RCA to the TV. It not worked with HDMI or Component connection; this is a function of the Plasma screen. The quality of HDMI is good, but if you use RCA then it should be fine.

Had a Similar problem with my Comcast 6412. And found the solution for that. You can try this, it will help you. I turned off the unit button of the box, and press the MENU button. After that I can easily set up the CC directly in the DVR. It transfer the CC information into the HDMI cable along with the video channel signal in high definition. The CC information is garbled in the DVR and my cable TV is working fine. Try this in your TV it will be works.