Thread: Macbook Pro 13 has IPS screen

Macbook Pro 13 has IPS screen

I wanted to know whether the macbook pro 13" has an IPS screen or not because i am planning to buy this laptop, also please explain me what are the features of this IPS screen and what are the difference between the lcd and ips screen. Any body has any ideas please express your views . Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook Pro 13 has IPS screen

The IPS (In -Plane Switching) is a proprietary technology originally developed by Hitachi and NEC . This is one of the developments in TFT active matrix. His main quality is to provide a more consistent viewing angle (170 ° instead of 60 °) TN TFT and a contrast greater than 500:1. The initial response times were located at 50-60 ms but eventually reaches 29 ms or less.

When the voltage is not applied , the liquid crystals are not rotated , the light does not pass in the pixel and gives a true black point ( deep black ) . When a pixel is defective, it remains off and therefore less visible than a pixel is "burned " when the light passes again . The main drawback of this technology is that it uses two transistors (electrodes ) rather than one which decreases transparency and negative impact on response times (response time).

As far as i know there is no IPS screen on the Macbook Pro and i think that in future too this will not be implemented. I think that the IPS screen is present only in the iMacs. No such screens are present on the Macbook Pro. The S -IPS (Super In- Plane- Switching) operated by LG and Philips, or AS -IPS , Hitachi , improves the brightness of images , provides better contrast and more natural colors .