Thread: GeForce 8600GT + Samsung SyncMaster 2033SN

GeForce 8600GT + Samsung SyncMaster 2033SN

Recently I bought an assembled PC for me and in the assembled case I bought a flat screen monitor in that. The monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 2033SN. At first I was not having any GPU, but then after few days I bought Geforce 8600 GT for me. Now I do not know what the problem with it is. It asks me to set it to the native 1600x900 60Hz. The problem is that I however I cannot set it to 1600x900. I have searched a lot on Google but cannot find any solution. Please help.

Re: GeForce 8600GT + Samsung SyncMaster 2033SN

Which operating system are you using? I have found many of them having problem with the new operating system Windows 7. However they were not having the Samsung SyncMaster 2033SN, but they were facing the same issue with their monitor. Well I have found some of them have rectified this problem installing the Widows Vista. I think you should go for it and see if the same happens for you.

Thanks for the response, but I do not think that I will be able to follow your advice, as I do not have Windows Vista for me, and you were right I am having Windows 7 for me on my PC. I do not think that it is because of the Windows 7 however. I am sure that this is caused because of the NVIDIA drivers. Cannot it be the possible reason? This is just a wild guess from my side let me know if I am correct. Thanks in advance.

You can try the following solution from the NVIDIA tech support:
    • First of remove the NVIDIA card and uninstall the driver.
    • After this try installing the driver for the monitor from the disc.
    • Once you are done with this then you can reinstall the NVIDIA card and the drivers.
    • If at all the above drivers do not work then you can choose the Windows one.

Well I think that you do not have the latest drivers for the Samsung SyncMaster 2033SN. Make sure that you have the latest drivers. The disc that you have for the flat screen does not have drivers; they only have software that is used to improve the viewing. Please make preparations for the latest drivers and try with them. I am sure that the latest drivers will really do the trick. See if this works for you.

I am also having the Samsung monitor for me and I am happy with it as yet it has not yet caused me trouble. First I was running the monitor using the VGA cable, now I am using DVI Cable. However now when I switched to DVI cable it can run in the native resolution. There is no problem with the monitor running in the native mode. It is just a suggestion, however if you want you can give this a try. Good Luck.

Well I have returned to inform that I downloaded all the latest drivers and I tried them but this time too I was not able to go through with the problem. Is there any further suggestion in this matter? I have tried all the updates but without any success. I will wait for more suggestions to come here to me or else I think I will have to go with DVI cable what killer suggested. Well I want to keep this option on hold and see if someone can come up with software solution.