Thread: Screen Tearing/6 divided screens

Screen Tearing/6 divided screens

I have a HP pavilion dv2000 laptop and it is broken. Whenever i turn it on it will divide the one normal screen into 6 of the same. it will show screen tearing and multiple colors but i can still move the mouse in each of the screens shown. What would usually happen is it will tear the screen in different colors and it will freeze or go black when it worked normally. When turned on again after manual shut down it will show the 6 screens. It did not happen all the time, sometimes it will work for hours and sometimes it will happen at start up but now it just happens all the time. I have tried doing a system restore and holding down the power button without the battery inside to clear the static charge but to no avail. If this problem seems familiar then please if you can, help me figure out whats wrong with my computer.

Re: Screen Tearing/6 divided screens

I think that you will have to change the screen of your lappy. Otherwise you can give it to service center for repairing of it (there should be some problem with registers of screen). Even you thought of something, I would like to suggest you to do the following thing:
    • If you need to salvage your data before you can situate a replacement screen, clasp an external monitor to the laptop. Save all the additional parts from the second laptop; you may have to execute more transplants in the future.

Re: Screen Tearing/6 divided screens

Hmm i have not tried using an external screen to see if it is the screen itself that is the problem. thank you.