Thread: Nvidia Geforce 9800GT not working, help?

Nvidia Geforce 9800GT not working, help?

Recently bought the nvidia geforce 9800GT and im having isuues. Its plugged into the correct slot but when i plug the moniter into it, all i get is a blank screen.

Plugged the moniter into another slot on my computer and it works fine there. When i put in the disk for the driver its says "Installed graphics adapter not found" after that if i hit install drivers, it says "the graphics adapter installed in the system is not compatible with the current set of drivers"

Anyone know whats going on??

Re: Nvidia Geforce 9800GT not working, help?

You have to go into the device manager and uninstall the card and then reboot the pc and then by pressing f8, and from the boot options choose vga mode, when windows finishes reinstalling the card then install the correct drivers.

Hey I had the same problem as this. I tried to uninstall it and reboot it but I get the same problem. My graphics card is installed correctly. But I have no idea why PC is not recognizing it. It always says Graphics Adapter not found. Can anyone help?

Your system is still using onboard graphics.. First remove the card, turn on the system and uninstall your existing display driver from device manager. . Then use a software like driver sweeper to completely erase any leftover files from old graphics driver. . Turn off the system and put in the card. Connect monitor to gpu. And then turn on your system. It should work fine. . If not check mb manual for any additional procedures required to disable onboard graphics. . When everything works fine install the new drivers. . . Also make sure that you have inserted the card correctly and lock is in correct position. . I think your card may require additional power connector. . Make sure its plugged in. .