Thread: PC to hdtv "no signal"

PC to hdtv "no signal"

"I have comprised a system by means of an Nvidia GeForce 7600GT video card. It has two DVI associations. I encompass a Maxent HDTV that in addition has a DVI in correlation. To utilize the Maxent as my monitor I plugged the DVI cable into my video card and then into the backside of the TV. I revolutionize the input to DVI and the entire I get is a blue screen that says "no signal input". What might I be missing?"

Re: PC to hdtv "no signal"

When you attach your PC to your HDTV, there might be arrangement revolutionize required in the settings for your video card. Characteristically the "no signal input" communication means one of three general things. The first thing to confirm is that your video card is essentially sending several signals to the HDTV. If you have an additional display associated to the additional DVI port on your video card, you might necessitate facilitating to the second DVI correlation in the video control panel. It normally works superior to set the DVI correlation to your HDTV as a separate display rather than extending your desktop.

If you are certain with the intention of there is a video signal departure to your HDTV, the second step is to authenticate the video card is set to the appropriate screen declaration for the HDTV. In some cases, this might require turning on a number of advanced settings. If the HDTV is a 720p model, it determine to characteristically moreover necessitate a declaration of 1368x768 or 1280x720. This varies from brand to brand. If the HDTV is 1080p, characteristically the DVI in determine to always be 1920x1080.

The opportunity is your system might necessitate a reboot previous to the HDTV determine to observe it. When the declaration of your video card gets misrepresented, a reboot is sometimes necessary previous to the HDTV determine to be familiar with the innovative resolution being sent in excess of the DVI cable. I merely desire to hook up my laptop provisionally to watch videos or streaming media from the pc to the hdtv, so I utilize an hdmi cable and plug them mutually. It has worked in the precedent to readily watch Netflix movies additional than I do not understand why sometimes when I plug the pc to the hdtv I not be able to get the TV to “find” the pc.

The Asus site is so sluggish I give up trying to locate no matter which specific there additional than I did locate a FAQ from Gateway particularly for your model laptop that details the procedure they suggest subsequent each time you attach an exterior display to the laptop. It's an extremely unambiguous order in which things must be completed and I have to take for granted they are so specific for the reason that not subsequent those steps lead to tribulations.

The TV be supposed to be comparatively passive in the complete thing, immediately switching it's input to HDMI be supposed to be the entire that’s required on that end. If it says "No Signal", that point toward the laptop is not even putting out a indication via HDMI as if it was and the signal was mismatched, it would normally say "Frequency Out Of Range" or impressive similar as opposed to 'No Signal".

I would suppose incredible in your laptops graphics arrangement must encompass changed somehow additional than without significant what sort of graphics controller you are working with and what sort of Control Panel applet you might comprise to modify those settings, it's complicated to present several substantive help. On a side make a note of I was doing a lot streaming to my TV via a PC (Netflix etc.) additional than then I stumbled across that RokuHD thing. Not trying to be a shill or no matter which additional than immediately thought I would mention that I originate it quite cool cheap and simple replacement by means of a free 30 day trial.