Thread: LCD/Plasma over fireplace

LCD/Plasma over fireplace

Hello experts!! My question is this, I have the intention to buy a plasma or LCD TV (not to be better on 42"), and the location of it would be above a fireplace cassette that is embedded in the wall. And I wonder if you can put away as well and should leave so as not warmed up too much because of the fireplace. Do you think that there would be no major problem.? If anyone using plasma or LCD over fireplace, please tell me that you are facing any problem? I think that you will definitely help me.

Re: LCD/Plasma over fireplace

The worst thing you could do is put an electronic device near a heat source. I would put it further from the fireplace. So according to me, it would be better if you find some another place to mount your LCD. LCD is even now something completely different than rear projection. I have no desire to ruin my device (if I would have been in your place) resolutions due to excessive or that the bulbs get a away. The costs at least about 1000 euro!! So think twice before deciding.

You can put a flat TV, either LCD or plasma over a fireplace?? (Hanging wall) The fireplace is not going to use much, but when lit give off heat. This will be detrimental to the screen, but will it resists? If you can not rule out a site that I think it will be best not to make it, but for confirmation. During the finishing of my humble abode, I intend to embed my plasma in a niche that would be in the mantel, above the fireplace (below contemporary style, normally !!!). The following image will help you know about an overview

Put the plasma above will therefore impose on you to provide the wall accordingly. A plasma is heavy. So normally you would put plates Promulgate to the formwork above the fireplace and hide the smoke exhaust ducts and any heat, but a plate alone does not suffice to support the weight of the plasma which means so say that you should absolutely include a reinforced wall with the necessary means to support a weight of 50kg (well depending on the model of plasma). It is possible of course, but we need to think before you close the form. And then to put a casing for the wires ...

It depends on the heat level home. Information-so you well in your provider to know the model of heat dissipation. But hey as long as there is air circulating around the plasma, and the direct radiant heat goes forward, it should go, even if the hot air will rise and so that your plasma will be more exposed to if the heat was elsewhere, I do not think with that kind of fire it a real problem. These are not very large yields. That wood? A gas? A fuel? If it is eg gas, it's just to look pretty 'cause it's getting hot shit. A liquid fuel such. For wood cons ... or oil ... IMHO it heats y 'performance. So talk with your provider fireplace.

Even if it is a closed home, remember that dust generated by a fireplace is substantial, it is more a greasy dust, we must also take into account.

Ergonomic level: Me it bother me to have my battery under my fireplace screen. Your eyes will be distracted by fire during a movie, and you risk fatigue ocular much faster than with a more neutral environment directly. And think of one thing: you must not look up when you sit in your couch to watch your plasma screen that starts at eye level, max 90cm from the ground for such screen (unless something monstrous 2.85m diagonal ). So much struggle to that too, measures the height of implantation of the screen. If you must put the stack above the fireplace opening, it will be ugly and not at all good too near the fire. And if you center on a location like your picture, it might be too high.

Actually I had not even thought of that! Not good condensation ... now it also depends on the heat, before break everything in my living room had a chimney, and above the formwork was barely warm, the heat was going forward, and went through dissipation vents right to left, as seen on the photo of this post. I had a part in it, and frankly it was never hot and yet the fireplace was a performance not far from 14KW. So it must also depend on the fireplace and the room itself, but actually it is a condensation problem.