Thread: HDTV connection with the Computer

HDTV connection with the Computer

I have a brand new DELL computer with Windows Vista as the operating system. And a HDTV. Now want to connect the HDTV with computer. Having no graphics cared. My question is what I needed for the connection? I want the resolution of 1920x1080 or 1280x720. Have a DVI output; is it necessary for the connection? Is it a simple or not?

Re: HDTV connection with the Computer

It should be simpler. I tried to connect my computer with a non HDTV, but did not see anything. Because the refresh rate of the monitor and the TV are different (monitor rate is higher than the TV), and the resolution is not supported by the TV. It gives a very poor video quality. The graphic card is used for the better picture quality; you definitely need a graphic card of your computer for the good picture performance in your HDTV.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Last week I also tried to connect my HP computer with my brand new HDTV. I usually tried with the updated hardware, and with the better TV, to surely make it working. I used RGB card to connect my HDTV connector with the SLI computer. But I got negative response. It does not appear any image on the HDTV screen; the screen was completely looks like a exposure with dirty particles. Any suggestion.

The mis-configuration may a issue for this problem. The video card’s specification makes model, the screen size, and what are you using to connect your TV and the video card. Take a DVI to HDMI cable suite to connect with the HDTV from the computer. Properly check the every refresh rate and setting for them.