Thread: Problem in HP W1907 LCD screen

Problem in HP W1907 LCD screen

I have a HP computer with Windows vista operating system, the monitor is HP W1907 LCD screen. Running from two years. I runs very well, but last the few days it creates a problem on screen. The pixel rows are appeared in vivid colors. And a mountain shape is across the bottom of the screen. I turned it off after the problem occurs. Searched for every possible reason, but did not found anything. How can I open the case?

Re: Problem in HP W1907 LCD screen

Remove the base of the monitor. First open the base plate. Then remove the rubber, which is in the center of the plate. Pull the bottom side of the LCD screen. You found slit, keep look at the both corners between of the inner black and outside silver trim while you lift the black inner trim vertically. In the top and bottom of the screen, there are 6 plastic snaps. Be careful while you open the LCD screen from the case.

Before getting out the screen from the bucket, should disconnect the LCD screen button and the as well as the power button. If you connect the LCD with the speakers then remove the plugs. Then remove the AC power plug which connects the screen. Also remove the VGA and DVI ports. Lift the shields inside of the shield and looking the ribbon while you opening the LCD. Remove the connectors of the video processing board. Keep away the power PCB from the basket.

In the LCD screen assembly there are two bulbs. To damage them you should remove some metal trims(sometimes it situated in around the outside of the edge) from the screen. The trims are used to access the CCFL bulbs. Disconnect the CCFL leads; it should be in 2-4 pin plugs. Check for the factory sloppy soldering(AC power supply).