Thread: LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on

LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on

I have a brand new LG W2261VP connected via DVI, which turns off at random intervals, and I had to run from the power button, only to have it turn itself off again after time. The worst part is that once it prompted me to safeguard the operating system, and it turned off automatically by itself and I can not even power it again by the power button. please tell me what could be done to get rid of this situation.

Re: LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on

It appears as there is an internal hardware failure inside your monitor so i would suggest you to resolve the issue by taking it to the nearest hardware service center of the manufacturer. Moreover it would be better if you can try to change the power cable which is connected to the monitor. This will help you to get this problem fixed.

I think your LG monitor is damaged and hence it would be better if you try to get the monitor fixed by simply calling the LG customer care explain them the whole situation and ask them to provide assistance to you and if the monitor is within the warranty period LG will get your monitor replaced. Hope the issue is fixed.

There isn't any solution for this. The LG support group that the only solution to this is the exchange of monitors so i asked them to exchange the monitors since my monitor is still in the warranty period but the only problem is that for the time being i do not have any monitor or display device which will help me to continue using the desktop till the arrival of the new desktop.