Thread: Dual Quad FX 4800 SLI, Does not show up in 3D controls

Dual Quad FX 4800 SLI, Does not show up in 3D controls

Currently I am (2) Quad FX 4800 video cards and prior to this I work with Autodesk Inventor 2011 and recently bought. I would like to run my two cards in SLI mode. This is not an option on my 3D controls tab in the Nvidia control panel. Even I have an MSI bridge, will this work. Ddoes it need to be a certain model? My computer is the Intel i7 model running XP 64. I am also having issue with power supply only pumping 750W. Is there any solution to this issue? Please help.

re: Dual Quad FX 4800 SLI, Does not show up in 3D controls

Even I have the Same problem with my 2nd Quadro card brought from ebay and I did not got any solution to this. I spent more than hour but nothing useful. Nvidia Quadro card work only with few motherboard . You can see the list from the below link.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_...e_systems.html
    My system specs.
    1)Asus P5NT-WS
    2)4GB RAM
    3) windows Vista x64
    4) 2 Quadro FX4600s

Installed the driver and video card on system and both the video card are immediately detected by SLI and the setting added to Nvidia Control Panel. Now, The PhysX is having (in control panel) a SLI section where it does not showing before. I just enable SLi option. It seem to be working faster but in some game FPS did not go up. I try to test it in 3dMark vantage and FPS went down. Else everything work fine.

The probm is happening mostly with driver, if the previous driver had no problems.Try to cantact your video card manufacture and ask them if they have any fix to it, and inform them about your issue . I would suggest you to move to the previous driver the one which is working fine. Hope this will solve your problem.

My issue with Sli get resolved.I removed both video cards, then installed just the one and updated to its latest driver, then rebooted and ran 3DMark 06 and received the 3DMarks score of 4208.Then ireinstalled the second card and attached the SLI Bridge and restarted, updated its latest driver and then ran 3DMark 06 again. At this time I received a lower score of 4172 an the other scores were all lower too, like SM 2.0, SM3.0 and CPU. Now my board is detecting both card and does not have any switch like some of the others do. Does the sli bridge is dead or something else. I have seen that even without the SLI Bridge should still be functioning in SLI Mode only at a lower level.

Get latest driver from nvidia site which is compatible with your windows version. This is most probably happening due to driver. First uninstall the old driver and then reinstall the new one, reboot the system. And see in the nvidia control panel the sli option will be visible. Hope this will help you get your both card working.