Thread: GTX 8800 drivers NOT working? (get a black screen)

GTX 8800 drivers NOT working? (get a black screen)

Hi all, I bought Dell XPS720 H2C Quad Extreme. When I installed the driver for my graphic card I got the problem. When I restart the computer It was not able to load the operating system and I am just able to see a blank screen. There after I am not able to shut down the computer and I have to do a "Forced" Shut Down to turn it off. My computer is running on Vista Ult 64 Bit. Do you have any idea about this issue? Please suggest me the solution.

Re: GTX 8800 drivers NOT working? (get a black screen) GTX 8800 drivers NOT working? (get a black screen)

you may have problem with your driver. Reinstall the driver and see for the result. If it does not solve the issue then you should download the latest driver from internet and install it in your system. Reboot the system after the completion of the installation. It solves the same issue in my friends computer and I hope this will solve the problem in your case.

Re: GTX 8800 drivers NOT working? (get a black screen) GTX 8800 drivers NOT working? (get a black screen)

You should try to run the other drivers. When I was using 8800gtx's then I was using the older version of the driver and I was not getting any problem. As you also know that 8800gtx's are quite old now and therefore you should not change the driver. If your older driver is working fine then why do you change the driver? Don’t go for new version only because it is available on internet.

You should download the latest driver from internet and along with that you have to download the Driver Sweeper application and install it on your computer. Open the application and select the option for check for updates. You should install if any update is available and close the application. You should do the following setting before uninstalling. Go to control panel > Windows update > change settings ans change the settings to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them." This will stops the windows to install the update automatically.

You should try the above suggestion to get this issue fix but you have to take care of certain things to before installing it like if you have overclocked you CPU from any reason then you have to remove it before installing the driver. This will save your computer from other problems which it may cause. Once you installed the Driver successfully then you can again overclock the computer.

Re: GTX 8800 drivers NOT working? (get a black screen)

Hey thank you very much all, I removed the older driver from my computer and downloaded the latest driver from internet. Installed it on my computer and after a simple reboot I found the issue is solved and now I am not having any problem with it. This is the best way to get out of this. Again thank you very much friends.