Thread: Train Simulator graphics issues

Train Simulator graphics issues

I am using a Gigabyte 8600GT 256MB PCIe card. In MS Train Simulator I am experience a little bit of flashing white triangles in the game, frequently while in areas of heavy scenery. I have heard of this difficulty being ordinary among Vista users but I am using XP and still have the problem. As a matter of fact Vista works well, apart from the FPS drops actually low. So there is no win-win situation in any of OS. Driver-wise I have tried 158.22, 162.18 and the current 163.67 beta. None of them have solved the difficulty. As a test, I borrowed a 7600GS from work and that works very well in XP. And my laptop which utilizes a graphics chip as of another manufacturer works 100% in both operating systems. It sounds like a graphics driver error of some form. Is there something I am able to do or am I fixed with potentially having to downgrade my card?

Re: Train Simulator graphics issues

I have read all that which you have written in your query and in that you have mentioned that you are getting triangles and dots at the time of playing this. I think it is happening all because of your video card is overheating and that is the reason because of that only you are getting those triangles and dots. And it is usually caused by that only.

I am also experiencing the similar harms with Microsoft Train Simulator and my new 8600GTS 512MB card, I believe it is called upright tearing, a little triangle starts from an object on the ground like the rails or a tree or telegraph pole and then shoots up to the border of the screen, it is extremely fast and in spite of trying the only pictures I could get of the problem was as they in progress to form but before they ripped up the screen, I have struggled and just about each grouping of settings I am able to think of and none of them end it, my system is a Pentium D 3Gig processor, 1 Gig of ram, SoundBlaster Audigy sound card, 500 Gig HDD Windows XP professional full up to date, I have attempted it with the latest WHQL drivers as well as the very latest beta ones.

Well it was running at 74�C when I got it, the heat sink supplied with the card wasn't good enough so I got a third party fan and heat sink, that lowered the temperature to 41�C where it still is now. Even so, if it were overheating I'd expect the problem to occur in Vista too but it doesn't. But the game's just too slow to be playable in Vista despite no graphical errors.

I also want to say that this exactly the same issue which is I am facing currently. Maybe it is not the similar as the Vista trouble but presently struck me as being that way. And I have seen this that most of the user is facing the same issue. But till now the solution which I think to do is that I got round it was by exchanging my card for a 7600GT sorry to say.

I am able to validate that this trouble still stay alive in XP with 175.16. I attempted an 8800GT this time, it looks to be restricted to the GeForce 8 series, though I do not be acquainted with the GeForce 9s. However MSTS at the present works 100% in Vista with the GeForce 7s and GeForce 8s.
    Here is one more grab from my setup; I noticed the triangle is in fact behind the track monitor in this example.
    Last edited by OS-X-10+; 26-09-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Hey buddy I also want to share this actually I am also experiencing the same issue. And because of that I am not able to enjoy my game totally. I just want to ask you that is there any way through which I could report this problem to NVIDIA? If not this can be solved my only options are either to put my 7600GT back in or use Vista. And this the thing which I really do not want to do.