Thread: Gtx 285 freezing issues

Gtx 285 freezing issues

I wanted to replace my 8500GT and that’s why I bought new GTX 285. I needed another pci-e therefore I got a new power source as "agiler 800w pci-e". I have plugged 2 monitors 1080p which is plugged through DVI to VGA ports. It is running fine with other games but when I try to run Street Fighter 4, it freezes and sometimes it let me to a blue screen. I have no idea about it. Can anyone here tell me that what is going on? I have spent a lot of money for this card.

Re: Gtx 285 freezing issues

This seems to be a overheating problem. You should check the temperature of the main components of the system. It should be at idle temperature and if it is more than idle then this is only the reason behind the freezing of the computer. If you are having the overheating problem then you can use the water cooling system and this will be the best option for you to get out of this issue.

There may be problem with your motherboard driver. You should check for that and if needed then reinstall the driver and see the result. If it does not work again then you can download the latest version of the motherboard driver and install it. There may be also some problem with the BIOS. You should set it for the default settings and see the result. I hope this will help you.

You should try running it with 1 monitor. There is possibility that it makes the board hotter which causes the freezing of the screen. If you feel that it it the power cord problem then you can run furmark too. You should underclock the board and see that if it works or not and if it works then the card you are using is a bad card. I don’t think that it is a PSU issue.

I think that this is a power issue. You will see a green light when it is giving a green light and will give a red light when it is bad power supply. It seems that you have 30 amp rail and you need a 40 amp rail. Minimum 550 Watt power supply is needed when you use the GTX 285. This is the minimum power supply with +12 volts which rates 40 Amps.

This is definitely a power supply problem and you should try Corsair TX power supplier. They have used an advanced technology and this will give you a high power supply performance. I was also getting the same issue with my computer and from one of my friend’s suggestion I bought Corsair TX power supplier and got the issue fixed. I also suggest you to do the same and I am sure that it will solve the issue in your case also.