Thread: My System freeze frequently with the ATI Radeon HD 5970

My System freeze frequently with the ATI Radeon HD 5970

Basically I purchased a new computer a few weeks before and it was Best! The trouble is, the computer decide to freeze, a lot. It almost not happened at all during the earliest 2 weeks, presently once at random when I was surfing the net. but in the before week it have been freezing A LOT. The display would go black with Grey stripe and a intense sort of freezing sound (can't think of a different way to describe it) would occur. It would then move toward up with a blue screen and say that Windows had encountered a difficulty and wanted to reboot. Upon logging back in, it would ask if I required to troubleshoot the system. This is what it comes up with. My video card can run properly .but system can freeze a lot of time in a day. and i am using AMD 790X Mother board, AMD gedeo processor, 4gb ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphic card. this is my configuration. I want good suggestion on this problem.

Re: My System freeze frequently with the ATI Radeon HD 5970

Problem dishonesty in watching video in your computer, whether it be VLC with dvd's or xvids or just You Tube ...you frequently get freezing. The audio will carry on in the background even as a motionless image of the video and desktop leftovers in this state I am able to move the mouse but click icons etc. do not work. later than a few seconds of this condition the display will go a casual color, then blank/black and the audio will stop...then display come directly back on, audio continue from where it stopped and all icon clicked in the frozen condition come into effect i.e. web browser open etc. and give the caution "ATI driver stopped up respond and has well again This happens on an unequal basis but is stable at 10-15 minutes intervals.

I am having the same issue with my Alienware Aurora, you just got it 3 days ago, mine locks up at the welcome screen sometimes with main artificacts and is totally locking up in games seeing that well when in high resolution. They're distribution you a replacement card, if that doesn't work I will be frequent my desktop as well. Your system can freeze for reasons are minor. I think maybe it was the BIOS flash that permanent your difficulty Its almost certainly caused by a BIOS setting that lets the idle clocks and voltages get too low to be stable, causing the problem. BTW- you can manually set the fan speed in means manage Center anyway- without a BIOS flash. You checked system BIOS setting.

If your mother board manual says it is not a difficulty it should not survive but try taking out the sound card as well as put the ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphic card in the first slot. The cause I don't think its a problem is because the 920 has a total of 36 PCI-e lanes, so that should not be a difficulty Install the cards drivers. That modes their driver to create it work on their hardware. AMD and Nvidia make public general drivers that be supposed to work for most cards. You have been especially helpful,. you really appreciate it. You update on how it's working. After this method you faced the same problem on your PC I suggested you can replace your graphic card. since this issue can effect on your mother board. take a new fresh graphic card for your system.