Thread: 9800GT- System Freeze with Screeching Sound

9800GT- System Freeze with Screeching Sound

I am having two hard disk in my computer. I am having Mac OS X Leopard installed on one hard disk and Windows XP installed on the other hard drive. I faced the problem that both the operating system crash with the same behavior. A very loud screeching electronic sound is emitted from the speakers and the screen gets freeze completely. I am not able to see any error message. I am having 9800GT GPU. Please help me out.
    Last edited by Naimah; 25-09-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Re: 9800GT- System Freeze with Screeching Sound

I think it sounds like a capacitor screech. There are two reasons for video cards make the noise. The first one is when the video card gets the low power and the second reason is when video cards are not going to last. If your video card is getting low power than you make certain changes in you GPU, so that it supply the correct amount of current to the gpu.

I think that you problem sounds like, your video card is under powered by the GPU. If your are under powering your system then it will damage other devices as well and even will have effect on the GPU. What i feel is that powers supply is the back bone of your system, because it powers every part of your system. So you definitely do some changes in your power supply.

The same problem is even faced by me. I have a Advanced Micro Devices system and the problem faced by me is on this system. I would also hear the loud screeching sound and even my screen would get freeze. I have solve this issue by installing the latest sound driver from the website. So i will recommend you to do the same thing, it might solve your problem as well.

This is sincere request to all those who have posted their reply for my help. I was able to solve my issue by referring all the replies and following them. Looking at all the replies i founded that there is problem with my power supply. So i changed my power supply with the latest and new one. Now i am not facing this issue of freezing. Thanks again.