Thread: 9800 gx2 graphic card bad performance

9800 gx2 graphic card bad performance

Hi,
    I am having a NVIDIA 9800 GX2 dual GPU-based graphics card with me. I m very much tired with the bad performance of the graphic card. It is providing me the same performance as the xfx 8800 gt use to give me. The configuration of my computer is as follows-
    -dual core 5400 processor
    -4 ddr ram
    I want to know that where the problem actually lies, whether in the graphic card or in the CPU. Please help.

Re: 9800 gx2 graphic card bad performance

I want to tell you that as you are having the latest PSU on your system, so you should update your operating system and even the crysis. I feel that you CPU would be definitely limiting your graphic card, but this should not cause the problem in playing the crisis game. I think you should check you setting out, as there may be problem in the setting . Hope have provided you some kind of help.

I have looked upon your problem and finded that you should do the following check in your computer. As you told that you have changed your graphic card, so have you re-installed you windows again after changing the graphic card, if no then re install it. I advice you to check your power supply, because your card needs power supply above 550W.

You CPU is creating this performance issue. You are able to experience more or less the same performance, because of you CPU. You have also added a second 8800GT in Scalable Link Interface, as you CPU is not having much speed to back it up. So i will suggest you to upgrade your mother board and the ram and also you can overclock of your current setup to increase performance. If you try out this things, then it will definitely help you.