Thread: Worse performance in SLI GTX 460

Worse performance in SLI GTX 460

I am having SLI GTX 460 graphic card with me and I am facing lot of issues with it. I don't know what made me to buy that graphic card.... but now I am having lot of problems, mostly while playing the games. Normally the game lags a lot, even while playing in low settings and many times the game hangs and I have to restart my system. This is very much frustrating when I play for long time and when I am near to complete the level, it gets hang and after restarting have to play all that again. Is there any solution for this..?? Also anyone having same problem or you think that something is wrong in my card.?! Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Worse performance in SLI GTX 460

Have you tried the whole thing to be updated? BS, Directx, VGA drivers .. Install times the ensure graphics new drivers and bios of the card. I am definite that updating these things will undeniably help you to decipher your issues. Hmm sounds to me the first moment for some miniature defect. Can even be that the GPU is not so 100% ig. Just call the shop and tell where the card does not bring the full power and you want to exchange. Then in the exchange model can undeniably see whether it has improved or not. I would in your place once the Gigabyte OC test version if you want to alter anyway.

According to me, the driver is not the best solution. All GTX 460 possessors wait for a better driver (including me ). I would like to suggest bringing updated BIOS on the motherboard. My cousin has also obtained the same card. The standards in the 3D Mark lie precisely on your level. But 30 fps in Mafia II with activated Apex is actually normal. At least with a GTX 460! This card is basically just a "normal" 460 with higher clock speeds and improved PCB and power supply.

The best individual result may enter the GeForce GTX 460 in Crysis Warhead Hawk without anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering. In this case the 3D accelerator is 15 percent before the reference design. The slightest increase in performance, we oppose it firmly in Metro 2033 quality-enhancing features, including the two. Then renders the "Falk map" only six percent faster than a standard model. The following graph is the Performance Rating.

In terms of volume we can impress the MSI GeForce GTX 460 consistently. On Windows, we measure the graphics card only 41.5 decibels, making the 3D accelerator is indistinguishable from a sealed enclosure of the remaining components. Under load the card will be no louder than 46.5 decibels, making it even creates MSI, have the already very good reference design in their place.

For temperatures, the MSI GeForce GTX 460 shows in all situations with great reserve. On Windows, the GF104-GPU is not warmer than 29 degrees Celsius, while we can see more than 64 degrees under load. This has the twin Frozr II Cooler still sufficient reserves for warm summer days. On the back of the chip temperature is at the highest point 74 degrees Celsius. Although this is more than, say, the standard model, but still without any problems.

On Windows, we measure in the discipline of power consumption at the MSI GeForce GTX 460 a consumption of 160 watts (meaning the entire PC), with which the 3D accelerator is frugal about four watts than the reference design. Under load we find more than 331 watts, 21 watts more than with the standard model. Although the MSI GeForce GTX 460 already from the outset with higher clock speeds hence, the end of the road has not been reached. The TMU domain, we can order an additional 70 MHz overclock, resulting in 850 MHz. This has a shader frequency of 1,700 MHz to 1,560 MHz instead of follow. The 1024 MB of GDDR5 memory still works great with an increase of up to 300 MHz (2,100 MHz) errors. This is to improve the performance depending on application 10:00 to 11:00 percent.