Thread: Anyone have problems with their Nvidia drivers?

Anyone have problems with their Nvidia drivers?

I am getting this problem from last week. My screen go black, and i get a message saying the screen restarts & this kernal mode driver failed and was successfully restarted. This happen thrice and after this the computer totally went black, then i receive a Blue screen and after few min my computer restart. I am sure that the problem is with driver, and have tried to install various driver and thus far have no success. If there is any one having the same problem, please provide me some information to solve this issue.

Re: Anyone have problems with their Nvidia drivers?

I am running two 8800GS graphics card in SLI and i have tried to run it on no board graphics which is 780i, which is working fine. I am using 185.85 driver on 7201 board and i also use the same driver on my 7101 board. I do not have any issue with it. I think you should try this to solve your problem. Try redownloading the driver package, Before installing the driver use DRIVER SWEEPER to clean your system and then install the driver.

The problem is not with the driver what you are thinking, evan i have the same issue once and the problem is related to hardware. I have two question for you to answer so that i can provide you with complete solution.
    1) Which series of Geforce card you are using?
    2) you are having this problem with laptop are Desktop, By any chance a dell laptop.

Well i am using Geforce 7900 GTX card. Initially it was working fine, then i updated it and after this i am getting this kernal mode driver error. I have updated 185.85 driver from Nvidia website after then i am getting this error frequently. And if the problem is with hardware so i Know i need to get another graphic card.

I had a laptop with a 7900GS and I even keep on getting the same error and BSOD-ing as well. The I had Googled BSOD code and found that 7XXX series are having bad resistor and because of this the driver get hot estremely. I try reinstalls/ driver wipes but nothing worked. And at a time the card completely failed me and I went for replacement. It took almost week but the issue is solved. I am just warning you that you may have the same problem.

I have seen that a lot of post are on having driver related problem. Even I was not knowing but there is an easy solution to get rid of this issue. And mostly it works and it is available free of cost, DRIVERMAX free driver download for windows and vista. It will scan and look for driver online. It is working fine for me. Hope this will help to solve your problem.