Thread: Intel GMA 950 vs. UMA

Intel GMA 950 vs. UMA

What's the similarity between the impression of being at two dissimilar adverts for a 901 XP and one says 16gig SSD by means of INTEL UMA the additional says 12gig SSD by means of GMA 900 have encompassed and tried to give the impression of being at INTEL site additional than not be able to understand what is the dissimilarity the 16GB might mean a single 16GB ssd, and no onboard one, similar to in my 901 go, the 12GB would mean 4GBonboard, by means of a 12GB ssd similar to most have.

Re: Intel GMA 950 vs. UMA

The Intel GMA is the graphics dispensing unit for incorporated graphics for Intel. The GMA stands for Graphics Media Accelerator. UMA stands for Unified Memory Architecture. What this indicates is your system memory is shared by means of the incorporated graphics. For illustration, let’s say that you have encompassed 4GB of system memory and the Intel GMA 950 desires to distribute 512MB to utilize at its frame buffer memory.

Your system memory determines to description 3.5GB. So there is no "versus". It is immediately a technique for your incorporated graphics to encompass memory for games or whatever you desire to that requires graphics system frame buffer memory. Built a assortment of gaming systems for friends and built systems in the military.

GMA 3150 presentation is immediately slightly superior to that of the GMA 950. It is much superior in terms of low power expenditure. Unified Memory Architecture (UMA) is shared memory connecting two or additional devices. Thus UMA is not a graphics card additional than an architecture or system used by incorporated graphics. The majority powerful Intel integrated graphics is the Intel HD. It has 12 stream processors at the same time as the GMA 4500 MHD has 10 and the GMA 3150 simply has 2.

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (in addition recognized as Intel GMA 950) is an incorporated (onboard) graphic chip on the Mobile Intel 945Gx chipset for Intel processors. It is a quicker clocked version or description of the GMA 900 and does not sustain or maintain hardware T&L (Transform & Lightning) calculations (which are necessary for a number of games). Compared to the GMA 900 it at present supports Shader Model 3.0 (as an alternative of 2.0) and be able to decode 2 HD Streams simultaneously.

It sustains and maintains DirectX 9.0 by means of Shader Model 3.0 (Vertex Shader are premeditated in Software - by the CPU) and OpenGL 1.4. Additionally, the chip is capable to accelerate the decoding of MPEG2 videos and holds up Motion Compensation (2 HD Streams concurrently). Modern HD videos in MPEG 4 or VC-1 not are able to be decoded by means of the graphics card.

The GMA 950 not is able to be illustrating as a graphics card that is adequate for gamers. Tranquil Intel published a register of games that determine to run (not needing good-looking) on the notebook (register is for the GMA 900). Some old 3D games and particularly 2D games are supposed to run without tribulations. The advantage of incorporated graphics cards is that they encompass a low power expenditure and therefore save battery life. Additionally, the laptop might stay cooler and additional silent than laptops by means of dedicated graphics cards. For office programs and surfing the performance is additional than sufficient.

The 16 gig has windows xp home that’s why I am apprehensive. I was trying to purchase the 20gg LINUX model additional than they have encompassed disappeared here so I when I aphorism the 16gig one my consideration that’s attractive close. The ASUS site merely has one model eee pc 901 yet I be able to locate reference to heaps of dissimilar ones. I am leaning towards the 12gig one. I feel affection for my 701 and utilize it constantly on trips additional than immediately not be able to live by means of scrolling the screen all the time.