Thread: Replacing nvidia 7500 le card

Replacing nvidia 7500 le card

Need some help - I have a memory problem on my nvidia 7500le vedio card and purchased a replacement card. The old card stops working when the higher resolution starts (black screen) and the diag. (booted from cd) indicates the memory is bad. So I purchase a replacement and when I installed it the monitor did not even wake up (yellow lite did not turn green) and all I get is a black screen - same results when booting the diag. cd. I sent the card back to the company and they sent a replacement but it does the same as the first card - black screen no wake up.

I can put the old card back in and everything is the same, can see the diag. screen but windows screen is just black.

Is there something I should do, or have not done ????? If you need more info just let me know.

Since I have no computer I am working from the library computer until I can get it fixed.

Thanks for you help in advance
    Ed

Re: Replacing nvidia 7500 le card

Have you tried to check your Nvidia 7500 LE graphic card on other system. Because if you say to conclude where exactly the problem is lying, then I think that it should be motherboard or RAM. I cant say exactly, but since you have mentioned that you have checked couple of cards and still same problem is persisting, there should be certainly some other reason. The best thing is that you should check the graphic card in some other system.

Deklan, thanks for response. The old card will work until the higher resolution is to start then screen goes black (the active lite turns green). I can boot from my diag. cd and the screen works ok (except for some vertical lines). The new cards will not show anything on the screen, not even booting from the diag. cd. Screen stays black and the active lite (bottom of monitor) stays yellow (should turn green when active). I don't have access to any other systems to try cards in. When I run the diag. test I get a failure on the video board memory, everything else passes, including the mother board. I don't know of any reason the new cards should not just come up if it is working correctly. I have not worked on computers in many years and not kept up with a lot of changes but I would think this (changing out a video card) should not be hard. The cards are the same part numbers and there are no jumpers to set so I am at a loss as to why. I would not think I would get two bad boards from a company but I may have to try one more unless someone can give me an idea to try.

Thanks again.
    Ed

This looks like the card has some issue with the motherboard which you are using. What is your system configuration. If you can mention the same here basically the model of your motherboard then you might get a better assistance on the same. You can also look for the compatibility list of the graphic card with the motherboard on the official website.

xanix here is the config. of my system
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3359917
    It is an HP m7747c duo processor. All of the equipment is original. The video card I am replacing is a nvidia 7500le and that is what I am trying to replace it with so there should be no problems with compatibility.

The original video card fan got dirty and must have blown out the memory area because that is what fails the diag. test. Everything else has checked out fine on the diag.

My original video card works up to the point it should be going into windows and then the screen goes black. I am able to boot the diag. cd and run test using the video card so it is working a little. When I received the new replacement card (nvidia 7500 le) I installed it and all I got was a black screen on anything I tried to do. The card does not even wake up the monitor, the indicator stays yellow and never turns green.

I only have a few days left to return the new video card and if I do that I am going to just take it to a local shop and let them repair it. I was trying to save a little money since I am retired and on a fixed income now.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info please let me know. I am using the library computer until I get mine fixed so I will be unable to check until next Monday.

Thanks Again
    Ed

I only have a few days left to return the new video card and if I do that I am going to just take it to a local shop and let them repair it.
    I am really feeling bad that your problem has not resolved yet. I have read your post lot of times but frankly speaking, I was not able to troubleshoot that issue properly. Even I was thinking that there should be some compatibility issue with the motherboard but you mentioned that no problems with compatibilities. Also last thing you will have to check the GPU, which should meet minimum requirement of graphic card, otherwise there are chances that same problem may occur.

Deklan, thanks for your concern. I purchased this system a few years back and have really like it - not to mention had no problems until now.

The board I purchased to replace the bad one in my system has the same part numbers and everything compares as far as looks. I have checked everything I can think of and so far I have not been able to come up with a solution. I will have to send the replacement board back next week so I don't end up with something I cannot use. I plan to take it to a local repair shop unless I get some suggestions to try.

Keep in mind this configuration came from HP so there should be not compatibility problems with replacing a video card. I worked on computers most of my life but have not touched one (as far as trouble shooting and repair) in about 10 to 15 years so I have not kept up with the latest information.

I am retired (like I said in one of the other responses) and was trying to save a little money but if I don't have anything else to try I will just have to sell the wife, cats, dogs and maybe something else to pay the repair cost - just kidding.

Thanks Again
    Ed

xanix and Decklan, thanks for your help. I got with a local repair guy and he found a virus on my system, so the video card was not bad. Still don't know why the replacement cards did not work but should have my system back in a day or so.

Thanks Again
    Ed

Well, I think that you will get your system back only after it is fully reformated, because of the virus issue that you have discussed. You see, if some system files in windows are corrupted then you are tend to get a black screen or even error messages which is related to booting issues at startup. However it is also recommended that after a new hardware installation, you need to reinstall a new operating system all together.