Thread: PCI-E 16x running at 1x (DP55WB + XFX GT240)

PCI-E 16x running at 1x (DP55WB + XFX GT240)

Recently have DELL computer with specification as Intel Core i3 processor, 2GB ddr3 RAM, XFX Gefore GT240 512MB DDR3. Windows 7 as my operating system. 500Watts Cooler Master PSU and 320GB SATA Hard Disk Drive. My graphics card is GTS 240, which runs at 16x. I tried to reinstall the graphics card in the PCI-E slot. Even I update my BIOS several times with update version, but no result. When I point the mouse on GPU-Z , it shows PCI-E x16, it flashes a message-‘ Power saving features may affect the results’. My power option is set to highest performance. Any help for fixing this issue?

Re: PCI-E 16x running at 1x (DP55WB + XFX GT240)

The required specification for embedding CPU and GPU is:
    1. Graphics Base Frequency 733 MHz,
    2.Processor number: Intel Core i3-540
    3.Clock speed: 3.06 GHz
    4.VID voltage range: 0.6500V-1.4000V
    5. Memory type: DDR3-1066/1333
    Go through this specification, it will help you to configure your CPU and GPU.

I have a very little knowledge about this issue. This may cause for your BIOS setting, check our BIOS configuration. Also would like to know did you disable onboard IGP of your mobo BIOS? The GPU-Z is used to read the bandwidth of onboard IGP at 1x PCIe link speed. As you mention your card GTS 240 is running under 16x link speed, so for that always enable the onboard IGP on BIOS.

Similar problem, My CPU integrated with the graphics card but not supported by the motherboard. The chip is P55. According the replies those are posted regarding this thread, I check my BIOS setting, but found nothing which gives me information of the integration. The motherboard itself has no graphics. Can’t understand why my PCIe bus is troubling like this, any idea?

Try for optimizing defaults in BIOS and then go to video and disable the onboard graphics. Because I don’t think the overlocking NB voltage is even may the cause of the issue, it does not require to alteration according the features that you have.Also try for CPU-Z will verify if you don’t have an bad version of GPU-Z.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I would suggest you to, reinsert your Graphics card again properly. Also check that whether the "Force PEG x1" is disable or not, if it is enable make it disable in your mobo BIOS. If anything still not works then try for another Graphic card and check whether it runs at 16x or 1x speed. If it runs at 1x speed then you have to bring a PCIe video card slot or PCIe controller. Hopefully it will giveyou relief from your issue.

Read your complete post and like to suggest for using both I5 and RMA the motherboard, might be you don’t want overlock but it is sure it won’t hurt by using this to have the utility. Though Intel motherboards are no so well according to you paid for it. You will easily able to buy a USB compatible board in the same price.

I am sure that there must be some problem with your PCI graphic card slot, there is no problem with the motherboard/ PCI controller. If you are thinking for different brand of mobo BIOS suite, it would not be gives any problem in your controller. But it may very limited in overlocking or any other non-necessary features of the board.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I had experienced with an strange issue with my graphic card. There is configuration down in some of the 3D application and some games. I guess that is for the mis-configuration of the settings. In most cases in it not much but it noticeable. Another problem when I boot my machine the BIOS POST take much time. And the fan several time spins during the boot. What should I do?