Thread: Want to Use my sony bravia tv as a second monitor

Want to Use my sony bravia tv as a second monitor

Hi,
    I am having HP laptop and sony bravia tv with me .I want to make my sony bravia tv as my second monitor.So every time i try to hook up my hp laptop to my sony bravia tv it says invalid format and when the system boost up it goes blank.So how do i change this format ,please suggest me some solution .

Re: Want to Use my sony bravia tv as a second monitor

I am having a Bravia KDL-40W3000.I am able to use it as a full high definition monitor on to my dell Inspiron laptop via a VGA cable.It was very much tricky to get the set up ,Once i got the set up then every time i connected the laptop it defaults to the full HD resolution.You need to check which resolution is supported by your video card in your HP laptop.You also tr y this out.

I also wanted to do the same thing ,so i tried it out .I was having the HD15-HD15 VGA cable.I hooked it up and reset my laptop,i started the Netflix and selected the PC input as Sony Bravia. I am still not able to see any input on the Bravia tv.I am really frustrated with this and don't know what to do.Need a help from you.Please look out for this problem.

I think there might be some issue with your resolution on the laptop.You would need to change the resolution of your laptop.I was facing the same issue of the resolution ,so when i changed my resolution it worked for me .I was having a sony laptop.The sony laptop was not accepting resolution more than 10204 x 768 pixels.Hope this solution helps to you

I also want to do the same thing with my PC and TV.I have a macbook pro and a sony bravia hd TV.I have to made the connection with the mini adapter to dvi and dvi to hdmi cable to connect to the TV.The connection seems to be fine.When i start my laptop i only see still picture on my TV screen.I have tried some settings to adjust the working but not getting it right.Suggest some other solution