Thread: Need help replacing a HP G60-235DX LCD Screen

Need help replacing a HP G60-235DX LCD Screen

Yesterday evening, I opened my laptop, a big black spot and a line stretching clear across the screen, it simply died while we see the image around. I wonder if AC is repaired / replaced. This is a HP G60-235DX LCD Screen. Anyway, I do not know what I already know how it happened , no shock , always tidy in his bag , put anything heavy on it. So i need help replacing a HP G60-235DX LCD Screen. Please help.

Re: Need help replacing a HP G60-235DX LCD Screen

From a technological standpoint , the most notebook screens are flat and TFT (Thin Film Transistor ) using an LCD (liquid crystal ) . The quality of a TFT screen depends on its response time or latency , that is to say, the time needed to get out and provide feedback . More response time specified is low ( below 20 ms ) , the better it is , more fluids are moving images. The screens low response times are rather suitable for players and screens with the response time exceeds 20 ms longer appropriate for basic use.

Buying a laptop is a big investment , it is essential to guard against risks of a malfunction by subscribing to a guarantee. The guarantee is especially important on a laptop that is not possible to interchange components (graphics card , sound card , etc. . ) as may be the case on desktop computers . Most offers include a de facto guarantee of a few months to a year, but it may be wise to take an extended warranty a few years to cover the maximum risk.

Before deciding to go ahead and actually replace your computer screen , it is wise to solve the problem. Although the obvious damage to a screen generally requires the full replacement of other types of damage are visible on the laptop screen can not be due to the screen itself . Therefore, before replacing the screen, no doubt solve the problem.

If your laptop screen flickers on and off, the cause is probably due to an inverter problem . The inverter supplies backlight . The inverters are easy to replace and usually cost about $ 100 . If your computer screen is a solid color white , then the problem may be a bad cable connection between the monitor and the system board . Open your notebook and make sure that the cables and connections are set correctly and in good condition .

If your image problem is due to a broken or malfunctioning computer screen replacement , it is fairly easy. It should be noted that the screens of cell phones are extremely expensive and can sometimes cost 50 % or more of the total price of the computer, for example, more than $ 500 for a $ 1,000 computer . Although you can buy a new screen of your computer manufacturer , most people either decide to buy a computer screen or used to buy a new computer. For those who decide to replace their computer screen, the only tool you'll need is a screwdriver.

SeanStacy Guest

Well got the replacement part in today and just finished the repair. I managed to do the same thing with the video cable first time around. Tricky to get in all the way. Everything feels so delicate and fragile on this laptop, compared to my Dell 9400 tank! I took pictures through most the process so that helped in reassembling. If I get some free time I'll put them up along with your directions. I did try again to talk to HP today before the surgery was started with no satisfaction reached.

I have a defective HP Laptop G60 LCD screen - black striped spot on the right about 2 inches wide, the rest are blue (light and dark) lines running from top to bottom. (don't know if that gives an indication of anything).
    Someone indicated earlier on this forum that that it is important to isolate the problem and I agree. To isolate the problem, I've connected en external monitor to see if the computer still functions properly (and it appear to work well with the external screen up). Now that I know it is the screen and not the computer - how can I isolate what part of the screen is the problem and needs replacing - is it the cable, is it the screen, is it the inverter etc. any help will be appreciated! Any idea of cost of doing it yourself and what is reasonable for repair by someone else (GeekSquad, etc) ? At one point there is a breakeven point where it makes better sense to buy a new computer (I think $400-$500 is that breakeven point) for a computer older than 2 years.
    any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by glennvs View Post
    I have a defective HP Laptop G60 LCD screen - black striped spot on the right about 2 inches wide, the rest are blue (light and dark) lines running from top to bottom. (don't know if that gives an indication of anything).
    Someone indicated earlier on this forum that that it is important to isolate the problem and I agree. To isolate the problem, I've connected en external monitor to see if the computer still functions properly (and it appear to work well with the external screen up). Now that I know it is the screen and not the computer - how can I isolate what part of the screen is the problem and needs replacing - is it the cable, is it the screen, is it the inverter etc. any help will be appreciated! Any idea of cost of doing it yourself and what is reasonable for repair by someone else (GeekSquad, etc) ? At one point there is a breakeven point where it makes better sense to buy a new computer (I think $400-$500 is that breakeven point) for a computer older than 2 years.
    any help is appreciated.
    Isnt your HP Laptop G60 under warranty cause if it so then you can simply ask for a replacement. I also had the same issue with my HP laptop. HP claimed that it was my fault, which is not true, then offered to fix it for $350.00. I only paid $199.00 for it. Here is what I suspect and it appears that yours is a very common complaint! http://picasaweb.google.com/KK1LRon/...rdHPG60Laptop#