Thread: Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP too hot

Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP too hot

I have the extra Zotac GeFore GTX 480 AMP brought to the graphic remains pretty quiet and cool, but the works not be cool with that. Under the graphic Furmark come about 96°C and I have Furmark then stopped. I appreciate that in my case Cooler Master CM 690 PCGH II Lite Edition is a relatively poor ventilation by the standard fan is still useable but I can not explain the order. How can it be that, just as the housing? Also I am not aware about the cooling techniques, so please help me by providing the necessary information.

Re: Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP too hot

Completely normal temps with Furmark. My old GTX 260 was also under load (gaming) reached only 70 degrees degrees and under load (Furmark) 90. So, I would like to add that you will not have to worry about the temperatures. And GTX 480 is actually a lot hotter, therefore, quite ok actually, no tension should be taken. In games you will not reach such high temperatures anyway - the test of the map here has been to CB and even with Crysis and not Furmark tested. (Which makes sense too!).

I would like to discuss about your cooling case Cooler Master CM 690 II . Already from the previous CM 690 , there was a white PCGH Edition. The new model, however, is also in the interior painted completely white and beat together with the white PCGH power supply and the white PCGH fans (also available) send an impression. The fan vents on the side walls were removed in order not to disturb the elegant appearance. The black fan at the back would default to a transparent fan from Cooler Master. Also the fan in the front is transparent. A switch on the top of the housing can be one of the blue LED lights on and off.

Cooler Master CM 690 PCGH Edition: construction with dimensions of 21 x 51 x 53 inches (W x H x D), the CM 690 II PCGH Edition brings a weight of just over nine kilograms on the scale. The design of the tower is placed on the predecessor. Silver pinstripes that run over the lid and the front set, a visual contrast to the prevailing point, black mesh finish. The chassis is made of steel and the frame of the lid and front are made of plastic. The processing of the case is consistently good - either all edges are chamfered or rounded.

There are a total drive bays for four 5.25-inch drives and six 3.5-inch drives all get along without tools. Per adapter, a 3.5-inch device is housed in one of the larger bays - the right front bezel is included. It also allows an additional holder for the 3.5-inch frame and the placement of a 1.8 - and 2.5-inch hard drive. The lower part of the hard drive cage can be removed, leaving an additional 120-millimeter fan in addition to the already mounting free space at the bottom of the housing available. Cooler Master sees this place as one of two ways to accommodate a dual-radiator. The second heat exchanger can be mounted under the ceiling. You need to upgrade the already installed fan 140s and replace the radiator. The corresponding fan come between the housing frame and the removable lid.

Other improvements over its predecessor, the additional slots in motherboard sled designed to ensure a better cable management, and the waiver of a quick hook for the cards in favor of thumbscrews. Cooler Master has also changed the position of the front ports. These are now located further forward on the top.