Thread: MSI GTX 460 HAWK Performance Issues

MSI GTX 460 HAWK Performance Issues

I had a graphic card yesterday and I got my Hawk as bit perplexed. Thus first times the volume and temperatures are breathtakingly good - In game never higher than 60° (usually 50-55°) and (manually set at 40% fan) in my system as well as inaudible. BUT the performance bothers me quite a degree. Had a couple of weeks, the GLH, but they returned. With her I reached 19 001 3DMark06 points. With the MSI, it was just with standard clock 18 436 points - and with OC. I also had two passes in which there WITH Oc only 18 452! was - less than with standard clock. In general, the OC does so at all, or even negative impact. In contrast, there were no Furmark Benchmark OC 9606 (Avg 80fps) and Oc 10 442. You know what the reason might lie, or that can point to a properly functioning Hawk? Or someone may transfer your views of a few benchmarks Furmak Bench with 1680x1050 without MSAA, two minutes running time - a time without OC and once with OC and the same for 3DMark06 (free version), so I have a couple of times relations. In Mafia 2's is just not really any around .... am there quite often at 30fps, even if the scene now is not so great

Re: MSI GTX 460 HAWK Performance Issues

Have you tried everything to be updated? BS, Directx, VGA drivers .. Install times the check graphics new drivers and bios of the card. I am sure that updating these things will definitely help you to solve your issues. Hmm sounds to me the first moment for some small defect. Can even be that the GPU is not so 100% ig. Just call the shop and tell where the card does not bring the full power and you want to convert. Then in the exchange model can indeed see whether it has improved or not. I would in your place once the Gigabyte OC test version if you want to change anyway.

The driver is not the best. All GTX460 owners wait for a better driver (me). I would like to recommend to bring an updated BIOS on the motherboard? My cousin has also acquired the Hawk. The values in the 3D Mark lie exactly on your level. But 30 fps in Mafia II with activated Apex is actually normal. At least with a GTX460! The Hawk is basically just a "normal" 460 with higher clock speeds and improved PCB + power supply.

3D Mark CPU is limited, the values of Furmark are only GPU dependent. How would it be if you either take a few games at hand. In addition, you never can compare performance from Game and Demo. So it's a logical conclusion that if I achieve with the GLH 19 001 and with the same system despite OC (higher than GLH) only max. 18 752 to get that then have something to do with the Hawk must ... even if the 3D Mark says more about the CPU.

Overclocking I would not even mention at all! Are you sure that your OC settings are taken over? May occur which is that you have set as the Afterburner what, but it is not taken immediately. What you are using OC tool? Also seems to me that even very strange especially because you are not in AA and still have performance problems. A few numbers would be very nice indeed. If you want to have clean reproducible benchmark tests, you must first shoot down all services and processes that are not needed, or may interfere with, which you can make up to 10% in 3dmark 06, so I think the results are not bad now.

So I'm not about the absolute values - including, in comparison to the GLH already - but the relationships are not the halt. From OC to standard OC and ran to the GLH ... yes with the same driver and the same system, but with less tact. Motherboard drivers and Bios are up to date. The CPU is running @ stock determined, are therefore the values quite OK.