Thread: Replace Dell Latitude D620 Video Card

Replace Dell Latitude D620 Video Card

My brother has gifted me a laptop Dell Latitude D620 which is a pretty fine laptop and it comes with an inbuilt graphic card of 256 mb. But i want to replace a new graphic card to 512 mb which will improves the performance of my laptop and I am also like to play games on my laptop so it will work more efficiently .So, I just need to know that I can upgrade my video card and what are the video card that can be supported my motherboard.
    Last edited by Nappalm; 10-09-2010 at 06:06 AM.

Re: Replace Dell Latitude D620 Video Card

If you are removing your old video card and want to replace a new video card the you have to follow some crucial steps. First remove the battery and the AC adapter from your laptop and then lay the LCD downward. Now remove the keyboard by pushing it forward and open the four screw that hold the video card. You must carefully remove the video card properly and replace the new video card on it and tighten it properly.

You want to know the graphic that will support your system then you should go to GPU guide which is provided by the service provider and if your graphic card memory is high then it will give you the better performance. It is actually the core of the card that most require for the performance . There are some graphic card that run very good on 64 mb and 128 mb where some graphic card around 256 mb or 512 mb gives the same performance.

I was also trying to replace the graphic card on Dell Latitude D620 . I tried by getting through user manual but it didn't help me. I also tried to find some solution on the official website dell with the same model no but not able to find any solution. In this model of laptop the GPU is included on the motherboard. You can change your motherboard or send your motherboard to the service provider to replace your graphic card. It might help you to get solve with your problem.

I was having the same problem with my laptop about the internal graphic card. I have done a lot to know the about the graphic card that which one will suit my laptop and was not got the proper solution. Then my friend gave me the suggestion that I should go with the external graphic card as the in-built one on the motherboard is the best one for the performance. So I just followed my friend suggestion and got the good result in my laptop performance.

I have followed your instruction of not taking the risk of getting the integrated video card change instead of that now I am using the external card which is giving the better performance. I have been looking for the upgrade in my in-built video card but even this solution yours helped me a lot and I was also got safe with the spoiling of my laptop motherboard.

It is not easy to change your internal graphic card as you must know the in-built graphic card does not avoid you to install another graphic card but still you must be able to know that which will match your motherboard. But if you still want to go for the upgrade then take the suitable graphic card for your motherboard and then set graphic card into your motherboard PCI Express x16 slot. Then you may have to changes in your BIOS setting for the new graphic card.