Thread: Nvidia PhysX with ATI card on PCI-E

Nvidia PhysX with ATI card on PCI-E

Hi,
    it's possible PhysX by Nvidia with an ATI graphics card use by a GeForce card in addition to what ATI has calculations for the PhsyX is there. Is this also possible with an onboard Geforce? I have an Asus motherboard with a Geforce 8300 M3N78EM chip, I could use the next to my ATI 5770 using Hybrid SLI for PhysX or can not in principle with onboard cards? I think that I have explained well for you to understand.?! Please help me in this scenario.

Re: Nvidia PhysX with ATI card on PCI-E

If you have onboard graphics with Nvidia is on the list of supported GPUs Physix and can be operated simultaneously with the Ati, it might go. Also, according to me, Hybrid SLI will only work with Nvidia cards. Otherwise, an additional Nvidia card is needed. Hybrid SLI has nothing to do with Physix. I think that you got my point.

With Hybrid SLI Windows 7 is no longer possible. PhysX does not work when an ATI card in the system that has stopped by NVidia drivers. It is better if you ask the query on online help provided by the NVidia. I am sure that you will get the solution from there. By means of a mid-or low-end GPU as committed PhysX card is moderately admired idea today (even among ATI owners), while PCI-E bandwidth requirements for dedicated PhysX GPU are not extremely clear.

I endeavored a analogous test using an asus P5N 570i (pci-e x1 or x8 v1 switchable) and msi 750i (pci-e x8 v2) with an E5200, ATI 4830 and NV 8800GS. Usually talking, my familiarity mirrors the article. However, the 1 × v1 did not have conspicuous, but endurable, bandwidth issues. Both x8 slots were fundamentally identical however v2 × 8 was more fluid, I believe this is due to the halved latency of v2 and not the doubled bandwidth. Increasing the pci-e bus to 111MHz v1 abridged the lay on the v1 × 8 and perceptibly boosted the v1 × 1 slot performance.

Unpredictably, even PCI-E x1 usage is not disturbing presentation as much as it should at a glimpse.

I would like to tell that ATI driver is not important and can be changed at any time. 3DMark Vantage should also display higher values, especially in CPU. You can mark Fluid 1.2.0, JX3 benchmark or other PhysX benchmarks run to confirm that the hardware PhysX is enabled.

Hi, I have followed your instructions and in the current PCGH S.34/35 description, but I can not continue, as always with me "nothing to patch". I am using Windows 7 and 64 bit Prof. as Physx card, the Geforce 8800gtx. Have the Geforce drivers 191.07 and 195.62 is tried as a patch and the 1.04 and 1.02, unfortunately not. Everything was clean but detected in the Mirror's Edge Fps a total break when I enable Physx. Another game to test, I have unfortunately not available. Everything was done just as in the PCGH, only that the patch has not worked out, because "nothing to patch". Can someone help me or maybe tell me what I had done wrong. The ATI 5870 is via HDMI to the monitor and the GeForce 8800 GTX by D-stuck sub. My Monitor BenQ V2400W three connection options, has HDMI, DVI and D-sub.

The style of displaying numbers, currency, date and time specified in the locale. To change the locale:
    1. Tap Start> Settings> System> Options> Area.
    2. Select a country / region. The options in other tabs vary according to country or region selected.
    3. To customize additional settings, tap the tabs below to see the required options:
    • Area
    • Number
    • Currency
    • Time
    • Date

I would like to discuss about the adjustment of the brightness of the backlight. You can set the reduction of backlight after a period of time has elapsed specified.
    1. Tap Start> Settings> System> Backlight.
    2. Tap Battery or external power.
    3. Select the options you prefer backlight.

You can also increase or decrease the brightness of the backlight.