Thread: Full Screen Games but no full screen on Windows Seven

Full Screen Games but no full screen on Windows Seven

I have used Windows Vista for many years and never thought that any game can show a problem while viewing it in a full screen. But since i have upgraded my system by installing the Windows 7, Games does not view in full screen. Actually it does but even after i have enabled the full screen, It shows black bands on right-left side. My laptop has Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS and it is a Dell Inspiron 1427.

Re: Full Screen Games but no full screen on Windows Seven

Unfortunately this is not a problem but a feature of Windows 7: is the resolution independence. This allows for owners of HD TV for example, to the best resolution without having Rikiki character but the problem is for owners of very powerful graphics cards (like me) who have experienced black bars on the sides and some deceleration. I hope we will be able to disable this feature soon.

I have managed to settle the problem by reducing the resolution and enabling an implementation in order to scale it by GPU, then go back to the resolution of the monitor! There you must be having many options to modify the resolutions of the screen. I am eagerly waiting for news and Catalyst drivers. ATI drivers when installing windows update the exchange and share live.

I have searched a bit on an internet about the same issue which even i am facing on my Windows 7 machine. Luckily I have found it! So, we need you to do right click on desktop then go to the properties -> settings and switch to an advanced where you would be having the nameOf my screen in a tab, you're going over, you click on graphics properties, display settings and then click I on "full screen (no borders).

Use a suitable resolution to your screen. You should probably have a widescreen (16:10 or 16:9), and you have to use a 4:3 resolution. According to the drivers, DirectX. The image is adapted to take the whole screen, but being distorted or strips are added to maintain a normal image (not stretched). You must not be at the native resolution of the screen, or even on a resolution that corresponds to the width of your screen. Some games, depending on the engine (I especially noticed with Crysis in DirectX 10) retains the right image rather than stretching to fill the screen.

In any case, you can always increase the size of the display if it get you upset (right click on Desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Make Text and Other larger items or smaller. And here you pass 125% or 150. It would be interesting to know the model of your screen. It's not normal that you have started black bands using the native resolution of the screen in the game So it should know the native resolution of your screen, and the resolution you use in your games.

For the office, you can put in 1680x1050, and increase the DPI to have a size that suits you (as I explained). If you use in your games of 1280x1024, I recommend you switch to a resolution that is the same ratio as your screen, as already said, you can try to use 1440x900 or 1280x800. I am convinced that your problem is with a resolution inappropriate. The solutions offered by neo-cortex will have the effect of stretching the image. Thus, a circle will appear oval, and a square is a rectangle, which is far from ideal.