Thread: ATI Radeon 9200 driver for win7

ATI Radeon 9200 driver for win7

I have now purchased Windows 7 and already installed on my PC. Have an AMD Sempron 2600 + 1.83 Ghz, 1 GB Ram. Now I find any drivers for my graphics card (ATI 9200 radeon GS 128 MB). The auto search from the Win 7 brings no results. He tells me I only had a standard VGA grafikk. in it. but it shakes the very best. I am co-owner of an Internet radio station and I need because, unfortunately, a working video card. I'd find it really great if someone could help me because until now all my attempts failed.

Re: ATI Radeon 9200 driver for win7

I have read in another forum, that you should take the xp driver, unzip it and then choose the directory over the file manager should and then install. This has worked well, but then comes the shutdown of the computer is always a blue screen with some error message and the PC goes back up. Say you must make him, by pressuring the button. When I uninstalled the driver again the error was gone.

Install the drivers. Do not reboot. In System32 ati2dvga.dll cut / go do it on your desktop. Then reboot. ati2dvga.dll back here in system32, and now there are no more blue screen coming. And, yes, it will look like hell after the restart. Was with me so now I can restart and shutdown and without Blue Screen. But it also depends on what is used for an operating system. Also have a 9200 and unfortunately had to upgrade to XP from Win 7 because it no drivers for Vista from those graphic card.

I feel this is the trouble we will resolve in no way. I am currently with Windows 7 too and I have a Radeon 9200 card. There are barely two way out of which the first is not to install driver as you did, and even though the resolution would not be proper, there will be no troubles with power functions such as shutdown or hibernation (or restart or sleeping). Another way is to install xp driver from the 6.11 catalyst pack manually which lets you select your optimal resolution, on the other hand you will not be allowed to shut down your computer normally, you will get blue screen. (I've chosen the second one.)

I was looking from last couple of weeks about a Windows 7 driver for my ATI Radeon 9200 and i tried...Windows XP Drivers , Windows 98/ME driver, Windows 95 Driver and All versions from ATI Catalyst. Then I setup the XP driver in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3 Run the. And it works out, the resolution could be changed and 3D work. Only Aero and all the effects of Win 7 does not have shown the settings anything like "Aero Enable" or "effect-service launch in" seen.

In fact ATI does not (yet?) provided the drivers for Windows Seven . But the drivers for XP work in 2000 under Seven they are installed manually. Procedure starts with downloading the drivers for your ATI Radeon 9200 2KXP. I guess the file name is called "pre-6-11-r300_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_38185.exe". Start the installation. It will ask you to choose the folder where to extract the file. Choose to unzip in eg "C: \Drivers" (create the folder "drivers" in C: ). The installation will crash here alone after you have unpacked the driver . It does not matter! Close. Go to Device Manager. Choose material with the yellow triangle corresponding to the video card (display device). Click on "Properties" to update the driver. Choose "Update manually (search for a driver on my computer ...) and then enter the path where the driver unzipped (was here c: \ drivers \ "). In this way there is a subfolder "Drivers \ 2kxp_inf. This is the folder to indicate. Setup will continue on its own, and after restarting the computer, you have access to the real driver for your video card.