Thread: Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Headphone with soundcard or receiver?

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Headphone with soundcard or receiver?

Actually I am using Pc since last two years . I recently bought a Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Headphone. Now I am confused that I use this headset with with soundcard or with receiver. Anybody can suggest me regarding the particular problem. I am confused among these two please suggest me. I really need help. Please help me. Thanks in advance

Re: Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Headphone with soundcard or receiver?

As you are using Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Headphone than I will suggest you to go with an HK 247 receiver. It uses HD technology. If you have a receiver which uses silent cinema than this will be best to use. They are also extremely comfortable. If you need a wireless setup or just prefer an all in one head set and mostly just game, than the X4s certainly are not a bad option for the money if you can get them on sale

As per your problem you have problem in selecting the receiver and soundcard. I personally suggest you to go with the receiver as they have good headphone output circuitry. Actually they mainly used to drive speakers only. But they can be used to headphones also. If you are going to use headphones only than don’t use the receivers with the speakers. Also you can use your existing sound card too. If that is useful than no need to buy another one.

Head Room Micro Amp are good to use with your headphone. As they produces high quality headphone audio with discrete component. This also increase output headphone imaging as they uses cross feed circuit. It also gain switch optimizes amp for headphones of different efficiencies. As they have different switches between two analog line inputs which helps in quality frequency which helps in produce good music. It also has volume controller which control the volume.

I think you can use the ATH-AD700's be overkills for your soundcard. Asus Xonar DX will be best for the headphone. If you're going combo DAC/Amp for sound quality for music. If you want to play with the sound a bit than you can use EF2 AMP for this headphone. Use the above AMP it may help you receive a good quality sound.