Thread: Toshiba E105-S1802 External Monitor Problem

Toshiba E105-S1802 External Monitor Problem

I just get Toshiba E105-S1802 and I put an external monitor. So I plug the monitor with VGA on the PC when it is off, I put it on, everything goes well, the monitor displays the farmhouse after loading windows , the connection is cut. I tried with a video projector and the result is the same. can you help me please. I am using Windows Xp. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba E105-S1802 External Monitor Problem

The distortions may be related to a faulty VGA port or a broken cable . Replace the monitor cable and make sure all cables and connections are free from defects .If you find any broken or bent pins or change cable has no effect, the computer may have a serious hardware problem and should be verified by a certified technician . If the display is working correctly after powering up , but that distortions occur when you start Windows , reinstall and update your display drivers and chipset. If the problem persists, hardware may be defective .

You have incorrect configuration of the display can produce this kind of error . Check the properties of the screen and reduce your resolution / color quality to make sure that the screen works with these settings. Make sure the system is powered by checking the lights on the computer. Make sure the system is not asleep. Check the operation of the external display by plugging it into another computer . If the problem persists, the external monitor is probably defective and should be replaced. Try to connect another screen , make sure it works, then plug it into your computer to determine if the VGA port is defective or not.

Check the following:
    # Check the cable connecting the external monitor to the computer is connected. Inspect the connector and look for signs of wear, such as pins are bent or dirty. Check the integrity of the power cord and make sure that the external display is powered correctly. Swap the cables where possible to verify the operation .
    # Check the settings on the external display in your operating system.
    # If the computer is connected to a docking station , disconnect and reconnect the monitor cable to the VGA port on the computer to check the display. If the image displayed at startup , the dock is probably defective and should be replaced.

You need to make sure the refresh rate specified in the display properties does not exceed technical limitations for the external display . See the user manual of the screen to check the validity of the refresh rate. Try reducing the refresh rate and / or resolution to determine if the problem persists with lower values. Apply step " Distortions on the external screen " to determine if the material suffers a malfunction .

You need to connect one ending of the VGA cable to the VGA port on your laptop and the additional end to the monitor. Some monitor has together VGA and DVI ports, so be sure you're between it to the right port. A few monitors have merely DVI inputs, so make sure the one you're using does have VGA. Also choose "Extended Desktop" to have your display stretch crossways both monitors. The "Clone" setting demonstrates the same display on both monitors.