Thread: Benefit of using HDMI vs analog on receiver connected to PC

Benefit of using HDMI vs analog on receiver connected to PC

I try to connect my PC via the VGA video card , to a Phillips LCD . It has a scart and HDMI . The instruction manual indicates the need to purchase a DVI - HDMI what seems to be an aber , leaving the video card is VGA . Using a DVI - VGA adapter would allow it to solve the problems . I fear a conflict or a loss of signal quality (from analogue - digital ). .Can anybody know that what is the benefit of using HDMI vs analog on receiver connected to PC. Please share your view. Thanks in advance.

Re: Benefit of using HDMI vs analog on receiver connected to PC

To ensure full compatibility between devices and simplify consumers' lives , the HDMI establishes a new support more compact , less fragile and more convenient than the big one "Molex "used for DVI Lilliputian taken or four mini FireWire drivers . One outlet for any type of signal , "that will avoid repeating past mistakes such as the excessive proliferation of standards in information technology: DVI -A DVI - D , DVI -I Single Link or Dual link Link etc. .

The HDMI standard is based on the ubiquitous computer video standard DVI . With multi-gigabit per second, it achieves no compression - and therefore without any loss of quality - the higher resolution of HDTV is 1920x1080 pixels, and this irrespective of the frequency images (24, 25, 29.97 , 30 ). The HDMI standard also opens to the public the disappearance of standard PAL, NTSC or SECAM. We now speak of 1080i , 720p , 576p , 480p, 576i, 480i , etc.

An HDMI connection makes using a universal remote to control all your audio and video devices : HDMI has integrated sensors that automatically recognize and configure your application to audiovisual devices . One button is enough to know that your remote what component light to launch a DVD, listen to music or watch a television program. An HDMI connection automatically configures the display format of your screen to match the content. Television , sports , movie or video game , everything will be distributed in its original format.

Directly inspired by computer connectivity and professional video , HDMI is not standard , but the combination of several technologies based on directly to the cable itself of USB ports, DVI and Firewire cable favorite videographers . It also incorporates the features of the DVI video encoding. But where a USB cable comes with a maximum throughput of 400 Mb / s, and a Firewire cable maximum throughput of 800 Mb/s , the HDMI can carry up to 5 Gb / s! (The maximum throughput and simultaneous 500 DVDs ! ) . With such speeds , HDMI allows all so crazy.

HDMI ( High Definition Multimedia meaning Interface ) can now contain a single cable , all the following requirements : To transport a video stream High Definition 1920x1080 in uncompressed format. To carry HD sound , which may contain 8 tracks non - compressed format 24bits/192kHz. To incorporate a built copy protection , HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) , based on systems of digital rights management (DRM , Digital Rights Managements ). In carrying instructions between connected devices , such as the image format and instructions for remote control.