Thread: Minimum fps for gaming, what do you think?

Minimum fps for gaming, what do you think?

I assumed that type of game is big,specially if it is FPS (Fine, it could get confusing, frames per second and first person shooter) .. So you all have any idea about the same , for both the FPS and non FPS games and would you suggest me the minimum FRAMES PER SECOND you could live with?

I also considered that may vary widely and some of user will list the insanely high numbers such as 50 for the average gamer and I was considering 20-25 minimum and commonly 45 average... Also just thinking that if you are running with a 60hz monitor then you would not really be capable to measure out the difference between the 50 fps and 80 fps...

Re: Minimum fps for gaming, what do you think?

Minimum FPS is misleading and specially when it includes into the typical benchmark runs. The entire emphasis is moved onto the single point of data and the same point of data is probably used, without any context, to draw the conclusions. Does the minimum FPS value suggests this dipped that low once or 30 times at the time of benchmark run ? The same information is associated yet absent.

But if you are just discussing about the practical minimum FPS within the game and are willing to configure aside outliers that skew the data, I would say that ~45 FPS is a fine minimum.

I have started capturing some of the HD coverage of sports events. I never got one thing that why the entire things seemed so smooth at 1080p/i(?) 'til I figured this out and it was set at 60fps. I am of the consideration of the framerate boost is a larger improvement than the advance resolution. Definitely seems more real.

One more thing, After getting applied with several games with the 60+fps, I could not support you so much but notice on TDU just how noticeable this was when the framerate would drop for a second or so to ~45fps. 45 acceptable?

In case of the multiplayer FPSs, I have to go for the setting of 60 minimum. Single player FPSs and different multiplayer games, I am all right with between 30 and 60, but I start to receive weired environment once the FPS gets around 30. On other hand single player games, I will commonly be all right with the settings of 30 fps.

It is minimum and not desired. I am able to live with the framerates around 30 in the single-player games environment but commonly that indicates that it is time to start considering about upgrading.

For competitive FPS, I need to be with the 60fps. I have purchased a 120hz (capable of showing actual 120fps over dual link dvi) to further eliminate lag, ghosting and many more . The users required to understand that there are several sources of lag. Mouse, keyboard, monitor, video card, router, modem, and all . Every little components adds up. 20-30 fps in highly described games seems as a joke, but it is good for the casual games. A lot of information got lost when going at the setting of 20-30fps when you are pumping like beautiful rendered pixels.