Thread: GTX 470 Mounting Pressure Mod

GTX 470 Mounting Pressure Mod

By mistake I have messed up with the mounting system of GTX 470. The problem is simple, that is I am not able to screw that thing on motherboard. Hence the only way left for me is the RMA but thing is that this is costing around $50. So I want to know that it will be better to have aftermarket cooler for this purpose. But before doing this I need suggestion related to this.

Re: GTX 470 Mounting Pressure Mod

The idea is good for the problem you are facing. Do not get me wrong this thing will definitely work for the time being but the problem will arise at the time of extremely high temperature. At that time you will definitely going to have problem with your graphic card. One more thing you must concerned that what you are going to use for holding this thing.

I am concern with my graphics card because when I play some games (crysis, battlefield bad company 2, etc.) my pc reboot savagely. I thought it may be either an overheating or may be food. My configuration is: Alim 650W Advance, Core i5 650, MSI GTX 470. The GPU temperature is 85 degrees at time of playing games and 56 degrees at rest. If you can provide any help related to that then let me know.

I hope that thing does not advance your grilled graphics card, otherwise you would look smart to have saved $13 Grilled graphics card to $ 400. In any case, do not touch to your PC until it is funded by anyone else, with tensions already it destroys your components, but with some gear that consumes as much, it bursts, and in 70% of cases, taking the rest of the PC in the grave.

Currently have trouble I think with my GTX 470 because when I play some games such as crysis, battlefield bad company pc reboot the two wildly, so I do not know if it can be an overheating? My configuration: 650 watt power supply, Intel i5 650, 2x2GB Gskill ripjaws, MSI GTX 470. Windows 7 Ultimate and for your information all my drivers are up to date.