Thread: DVI-D Monitor DVI-I Computer: Will it work

DVI-D Monitor DVI-I Computer: Will it work

As far as I know the DVI-D connector is basically for the Digital connection. But a DVI-I connection is allowed to handle the analog signal and then transmit them in the analog form. But I want to know is that the graphic card that is with the DVI-I connector can be used for supporting the DVI-D monitor in the normal digital HDTV format. One more thing this will support the monitor that has the different VGA din 15 connector for using it as analog and the DVI-D for digital.

Re: DVI-D Monitor DVI-I Computer: Will it work

The display is a Dell2000fpw, I checked the DVI connector, it is a true DVI - D. This is what you can tell them apart is the DVI - I have a two or more openings in the bottom end of the pin slot. The DVI - D the only non-X - Tea 4-pin small cable. There must be a DVI - I to DVI - D interface adapter, but I do not think that it is digital to digital, I believe. There's S - VHS, I can just insert the DVD player.

According to me DVI-I integrate without any problem and it also has the capability to connect to DVI-D cable or you can use the other thing that is the VGA adapter for the legacy monitor. In short the thing I want to say is that DVI-D cable can be connected into DVI-I output that is on the graphics card. I hope you have got the thing that I want to convey.

I have a PC screen that has two entrances: dvi-d and d-sub. I wonder if I can connect my xbox360 via HDMI adapter cable / dvi-d on my pc screen and connect my monitor to my a cable d-sub? If possible, do I have something to do on my pc especially for the sound on, or it will happen automatically? If you have any related solution for this then let me know about that.

Indeed it could work, you just verify that the screen supports at least 1280x720 no distortion and is HDCP (if the XBOX uses this protection as does the PS3 I think) For it cons by connecting your console must be on a HiFi or powered speakers because there is no sound in DVI-D (no more than VGA). I am sure that this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing.

So this time it is to know what cable used to connect my PS3 on the computer screen with the input a DVI-D. (I read that I needed a HDMI cable but I want to be me!) And cons for the pc screen is what I need anything other than entry DVI-D to walk on my PS3? My monitor is a ProLite E4315, there came a blue VGA I think and an entry blank DVI-D.

If it combines a VGA is analog, the information starts with a digital-analog converter before reaching the screen. This is done with some loss of information. If you associate him a DVI monitor is digital, the information goes directly without loss. The image is supposed to better than a VGA. All current graphics cards have at least a DVI output. If you want to buy an LCD screen, first verify that it has a DVI input to hope for better results.