Thread: Acceptable Temperatures for Graphics Cards

Acceptable Temperatures for Graphics Cards

I noticed that the temperature of my Graphics card (asus ax800xt pe) mounted at 70 degrees and is a full 40 degrees idle, I think it is normal, I have your opinion on cooling of graphics cards , I already know the ATI Silencer 4 but I'd like something else ..... because of this famous fan noise, and you find that the temperature of 70 ° is too high ?Can anybody know that the acceptable temperatures for Graphics Cards ?

Re: Acceptable Temperatures for Graphics Cards

It is true that the temperature of said CPU is very high. I found the solution . A good cleaning of the radiator ( every 2 months ) , I put a bit more thermal paste , and add a fan on the box . Now more concern , the result of temperatures with SpeedFan :
    System 37 °
    cpu 40 °
    Even when I play the fan does not come out, and the temperature remains stable, no more than 55 for the cpu .

Do not worry, 70 ° C temperature is completely normal. Unlike AMD or Intel CPU, which can support more than 70 ° C under penalty of permanent damage , the gpu ATI x800 type can withstand a temperature of 120 ° C before being damaged. Of course, for reasons of stability and lifetime of the equipment, it is totally inadvisable to approach those temperatures. But what concerns you , there is no problem ( knowing that my x800 pro vivo PowerColor rose to 76 ° C before I buy an ATI Silencer 4 and is now 65 ° C maximum with a map spent in XT and clockée to 515/595 ). Your temperature is well within reasonable limits you do not have to worry , however , know that down to 10 ° C average water temperature of your card will double its life time ( a quick example : the manufacturer gives a lifetime for his card of 80 000 hours at 40 ° C, if you make the turn at 30 ° C it has a life expectancy of around 160,000 hours and if you make the turn at 50 ° C, a life expectancy of 40,000 hours).

120 ° C are the manufacturers specifications , I did not invent anything , this is ATi same , and as I said , this has nothing to do with the artifacts , but only with the temperature that the chip can take before dying. Then of course, in any sensible use of it is obviously not to let the temperature go too high the gpu , but 70 ° c for x. As for overclocking and artifact detection by ATITool , just go for a walk on the forums I to realize that this function is completely ATITool buggy, and definitely not trustworthy ( at least at present , a new version is in preparation ).

Same pattern with noise , the HD 5670 is fully cooled and HD 5770v2 shows 5 ° below the HD 5750 ( though less powerful ), while not conceding one small degree to the HD 5670 but at the cost of more noise important. Anyway , it is far from the temperature readings of Fanless cards , regardless of the HTPC case you have, all these maps should be well chilled.