Thread: Overclocking Panel in the Nvidia Control Panel

Overclocking Panel in the Nvidia Control Panel

I use now for over a year the Nvidia control panel to adjust the details of my graphics card and slightly to the OC before playing. I've never had a problem with it until just now. I wanted to test the automatic system (see "Setting the System" panel). So I configured an automatic on 3:00. Only it did not happen at all, he did not overclock at all! 0% for the core and 0% for the memory! While I can certainly boost it a little when I manually set the frequencies! I have an Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS, the latest beta drivers (185.68) which work very well. Also drivers nforce 630i. Is this normal? How? Thank you in advance

Re: Overclocking Panel in the Nvidia Control Panel

The interest of the overclocking of a 9500GS should approach the nothingness I think! Ignoring negligible gain on this card which is much more limited by the architecture of the GPU as frequencies, then I would say just forget the automatic overclocking Nothing like the overclocking "in hand" with the test for stability then.

First go download NVIDIA nTune to this address (official nvidia.com). This utility enables the performance tab, to overclock your graphics card. Right click on the desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel". In Windows Vista, the process is a little different, go tampering "Properties". (It can also be accessed via the Windows Control Panel and select the icon NVIDIA).You will arrive on the NVIDIA Control Panel window (logical at the same time), which allows to overclock the graphic card nvidia.

I think that you need to "Adjust GPU Settings" On the left, under the Performance tab. If you do not have this tab, your nTune is not installed correctly so try to reinstall the same. It needs only be guided by the control panel, very clear, and go download the software on the nvidia site. A certificate "do you agree with, blah" will be signed then on the software.

The Core Bus is the calculation unit of the graphics card, processor, while the "Memory Bus" is memory. To safely overclock the card, provide minor changes (slowly), envirion 10-15 degrees each time, and monitor the behavior of your games then. If artifacts (that appears on the screen) or various textures appear new problems, immediately lower the value of overclocking.