Thread: NVIDIA and Windows 7 Refresh Rate Issue

NVIDIA and Windows 7 Refresh Rate Issue

I have been using a desktop computer which was running with windows 7 and now i have upgraded my operating system to windows 7. Right after the installation of windows 7 i am facing a weird problem i am using an LG LCD and this lcd is not working correctly because i wanted to set the refresh rate to 60 but i am not allowed to do so please help me so that i can get rid of this issue. what is the problem is there any sort of hardware failure in my system or the LCD.

Re: NVIDIA and Windows 7 Refresh Rate Issue

If you can not increase the Refresh rate it is because of the reason that you do not have the proper drivers, and it is certainly not that, is that your screen does not support more than 60Hz. Or maybe because it's a LG lcd and that for reasons of economy of the 75Hz power is inaccessible? I doubt it. But it would be better to check and update the drivers atleast once.

The graphics are mostly equipped with a 15-pin VGA (Mini D-Sub, composed of 3 rows of 5 pins), usually blue, especially for connecting a monitor. Interface DVI (Digital Video Interface), introduced on some graphics cards to send, screens supporting it, the digital data. This avoids the digital-analog conversion, analog and digital, useless. So changing the cable might also work in this case.

I have a little problem with my LG LCD: I increased the refresh rate which was too high compared to the capacity of the screen (I think) because when I start windows it stops before opening the session and mark "out of range 90.1 kHz 60Hz" I just tried with a live cd of ubuntu but it freeze the choice of languages. I have no other screen which supports a higher resolution. How do I rate down ? Thank you in advance for your answers.

If you are using a desktop computer which is running with Windows 7, you can not change the screen refresh rate for some monitors some times. This behavior occurs particularly on monitors that have a signal timing of 59.94 Hz compatible TV, but not 60 Hz. So i think either you should downgrade to windows XP or you can also try to upgrade your monitor either of the two action can resolve the problem.