Thread: How to drop GTX 260 load temps (About 25 Degrees)

How to drop GTX 260 load temps (About 25 Degrees)

I have bought a new GTX 260 for my system and i noticed that it was getting very much HOT. And i want to know that how can i cool down my GTX 260
    because i have not faced any crashing problem yet but i guess it might happen at any time so please help me, Do you know how can i drop my GTX 260's load temp by noticeable amount like 25 degrees?

Re: How to drop GTX 260 load temps (About 25 Degrees)

I put the 80mm fan on the radiator of my Ti4200 with screws and it blows so that the blades are facing the GPU to the surface airflow is therefore up to the hottest place. It works fairly well, since I could get into overclocking as with the original fan (note he was very quick and ptit .. and noisy as it's the reason for putting a retirement early) ... So: from 250/511 to 310/591 without problem (yes yes ... it is modest jsuis not a hardcore overclocker!

"There was a time when overclocking was limited to processors, fast we focused on graphics cards that they could also be submitted to overclocking. But as with overclocking this processor will be made only if the animal has a good cooling, which is not the case with most graphics cards.

Chillers backgrounds provides the low OC that not change so much with the performance of graphics cards. To remedy this brand Zalman heatsinks out as VF-700 and VF-900, which until now were the market leaders. Unfortunately for the mark Zalman Thermalright also wanted to contribute by leaving the HR-03, now is the turn of replacing the V-1, I called the V2.

Unsurprisingly, the 260 GTX and GTX 280 are very well cooled, with the lowest temperatures at rest and among the lowest in charge. Not surprisingly, since these cards are not those who consume the most, and have in hand a cold aggressive as we have seen previously. It remains far from the value of 105 ° C, from which the frequencies are automatically lowered. It also means that as we supposed above, NVIDIA has apparently a good margin to lower the noise of his cards, at rest and support.

Pending a future version of RivaTuner, you can still improve the cooling through the driver. Open RivaTuner 2.24 and then go to the Main / customize and click on the icon of the graphics card. Tab select Direct fan control and record levels of ventilation. Ex 40/50/55/60/65/70/75/80/85/90/95/100 if you want a steady and silent ventialtion & Ex 40/60/80/100 if you want a quick breakdown efficient but noisy. Now go to the Launcher tab click the "green +" / regular item / OK. Designate a name for the former level 50: Fan 50, check "associated fan profile" and put on "driver level". Select the level you have previously registered ex Driver 50 (50% breakdown) and repeat for all levels. Switch to Scheduler tab, click the "+ green, Upward = levels amounts, the breakdown goes up with the t ° of the map. If you want the breakdown decreases when you stop playing, then we redo the same thing this time by clicking on Downward.

Best and most common way to keep your CPU as well as GPU cool is to clean up your heat sink. Actually after each 3 months, you should clean your heat sink from where all the heat of your CPU comes out of it. So if there would be much dust and resistance then heat wont be able to get out of it quickly which in turn increases the temperature slowly slowly.

if you want your gpu temps to drop like 25 degrees then do as following
    purchase a thermalpaste and reapply it on the gpu
    see if the temps are good and set your fan speed around 80% or 100%
    if this doesnt help then u can either purchase a aftermarket cooler or a water block
    but if u dont want to spend a lot of money then do as following
    get 2 good quality cabinet fans and cur your cabinet to the shape of the fan and install it there so that it blows cold air in
    i have done the same thing and i can experince like 25 to 30 degrees drop in temperature
    let me know if this helps you