Thread: Overclocking Ati mobility radeon 5470 1gb

Overclocking Ati mobility radeon 5470 1gb

I am using MSI CR420 laptop. It runs on Windows Vista operating system. And it has a ATi Mobility Radeon 5470 1GB graphic card on the same. As far as I know this gpu is enough to run different games. But there is some issue with max resolution. The game lags a little. I found on web that we can boost the output of the graphic card by overclocking. But I am quiet not able to find how to use this thing. Does there is a software that can do this. I checked in the bios also where I am not able to find anything. I hope the gpu that I am having is capable of overclocking and will work well.

Re: Overclocking Ati mobility radeon 5470 1gb

Yes. The new ATI Overdrive control panel allows users to safely maximize the performance level of their graphics processor. ATI Overdrive effectively determine intelligently the optimal speed of the graphics processor by constantly monitoring the temperature of the GPU to ensure that the latter remains at a safe level. You can try using that. But you have to find the right settings for it. I would not recommend you to boost it to maximum on the start that can create problem.

• Open Catalyst Control Center: Double click the ATI icon in the notification area
    • Pull down the menu "Graphics" in the top left and click on "ATI Overdrive (TM)"
    • In the window that appears click on the padlock next to unlock Overdrive
    • Check the "Enable ATI Overdrive (TM)" if not already
    • And set your overclocking

Steps to overclock
    1. Sets the frequency of the GPU
    2. Sets the frequency of graphics memory
    3. To test the stability of your overclock
    4. Manual fan of your graphics card (let off)
    5. The frequency of the GPU and graphics memory present
    6. Automatic overclocking your
    7. Measurement recorded various probes of your graphics card: Temperature, speed and use of the GPU (in%) of your graphics card fan

I just get my Dell Studio 1558 which has an ATI 5470. In order to overclock the card, I tried RivaTuner but it does not recognize the GPU. I need only RivaTuner cfg the code name of the GPU. I found the "Device ID" with GPU-Z (1002-68e0), lack the codename of the GPU (RV770 gender, VR ...). Someone would have the info by chance?

I would be interested in the bin or rom in your bios of your graphics card. Your GPU is a Park XT (code name). The best way to grow is to use RBE can be (Radeon BIOS Editor) who like Nibitor (for nvidia cards) lets you modify the bios radeon.

In any case, a laptop is not made to be overclocking. The basic is a working tool. Of course, some substance to their risk and peril and no one will venture to explain it here (assuming that this is possible). Some manufacturer like Asus or MSI produce laptop with overclocking features in bios, but they must pay, expensive, very expensive.

I want to overclock my ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 while keeping a stable system. I have no idea and I would like to overclock a protocol allowing me to do so safely. I have another concern, when I want to download the latest Catalyst drivers for my graphics card, it tells me that my config is not done, you have a solution ? Thank you for all the answers, Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    I just get my Dell Studio 1558 which has an ATI 5470. In order to overclock the card, I tried RivaTuner but it does not recognize the GPU. I need only RivaTuner cfg the code name of the GPU. I found the "Device ID" with GPU-Z (1002-68e0), lack the codename of the GPU (RV770 gender, VR ...). Someone would have the info by chance?
    GPU-Z states the codename of the gpu is "Park", I am not certain if Rivatuner will support mobile cards, I am playing around with mine by modding the bios of the GPU by extracting it and re-inserting it in the Dell bios... unfortunately I cannot find a database of these cards as there is only a database of the desktop models. Therefore I am limited to altering the voltage, GPU clock and Memory clocks of the original Dell bios.. I wish I had more just to see if other laptop manufacturers have better bios setups for theirs (as far as performance)
    unfortunately due to the limited number of shaders (80) I have not been able to get a significant improvement in the performance of the card, I have gone as high as 800 Mhz GPU/840 Mhz Memory (original for this was 750/800) with only ~ 5% improvement in the WEI, my other laptop with a 4670 mobility still score significantly higher. I suspect the only advantages may be in improved DirectCompute or the DX11 support...
    BTW my scores are at 5.1/6.3 with the current overclock.. I originally had 4.8/6.2 WEI scores on Windows 7 for graphics
    Last edited by shakeyplace; 10-09-2010 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthaz View Post
    I want to overclock my ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 while keeping a stable system. I have no idea and I would like to overclock a protocol allowing me to do so safely. I have another concern, when I want to download the latest Catalyst drivers for my graphics card, it tells me that my config is not done, you have a solution ? Thank you for all the answers, Regards
    You need the "Legacy Catalyst" drivers, the latest is from February of this year, and you have to mod the driver with the ATI "Mobility Modder" from driver heaven..