Thread: Triple monitors on Windows 7

Triple monitors on Windows 7

I a need some help on setting up Triple Screen support on Windows 7. I need to share some suggestion on the same. I have some widescreen games and I had already setup a dual monitor. Does Windows 7 has any additional support for triple monitor setup. This is somewhat similar to ATI's Eyfinity technology. Has anyone tried the same before. How is the performance of the same.

Re: Triple monitors on Windows 7

It is possible with two graphics cards each of which can display a resolution of 1920x1080 and a configuration software. The use of SLI or CrossFire single does not play on three screens. This is only possible with the Radeon HD 5970 for now. To ensure compatibility it is better to have two cards using the same driver. I will recommend you to use SoftTH Software v1.09 rc1 for the same which is probably the most successful one.

You need a good system for the same. Only on Radeon HD 5x series you can run at least one of three screens will be connected in Displayport. For the use of 3 screens Displayport you might need to pay a good amount as it is generally more expensive. Since its maximum resolution to see the list is 5040x1050in 57hertz the same is quiet working on Windows 7. The setup is bit tough.

Very few solutions are available to run triple monitor from a single video source. I am awaiting an answer from NVIDIA facing Eyefinity AMD or the democratization of 21:9 screens. On a setup there is a PCI-E or AGP support on the screen and there are 3 monitors attach. A DisplayPort is the best and expensive option for the same. Or else the setup is quiet tricky.

The configuration of the triple screen depends on the graphics card with atleast 3 outputs. The other option for the same is SLI or Crossfire with 2 cards dual-output setup. It works on Windows same and for this the Dell monitors have a very good reputation comparing to the level of Samsung or ViewSonic. You must check for proper hardware configuration for the same.

A little experience. I had to mount a CPU with 3 outputs for connecting 3 graphic LCD on the PC. This time AC did not seem like the sea to drink, but in reality it is much more boring than AC in the air. When searching on various forums, it was always about to buy a Matrox with 3-4 outputs or have 2 ports PCI-Express graphics cards to two. But he seemed to use the video output integrated motherboard + 2 port of a graphics card which was not possible.

According to me the solution for the same is a small PCI graphics card that I added. A 128Mb Ati 9200 with VGA and DVI. Just plugged in and drivers installed and see the the 3 screens working. I consider that the PCI card is installed, and drivers also. Go to BIOS and then enter Advanced > Chipset > Northbridge Configuration > Initiate Graphic Adapter. This were my system settings. This will activate the dual monitor support.