Thread: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT: The driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT: The driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7

I am having a computer which is installed with the Windows 7 operating system. I like to play video game on my computer that’s why I have fitted a Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT on my computer. But the problem is that when I try to install the driver of this card I will get the error called The driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7. Please help me

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT: The driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7

This is the common problem with the many of the graphic card in the widows 7 operating system. You can easily solve the problem by upgrading the driver of the graphic card. You have to download and then install the graphic card driver on your computer. You can easily get the graphic card latest driver which is compatible with the windows 7 on the official website graphic card.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT: The driver installed for this device is not compatible with Windows 7

I think there may be the problem in the driver files which is installed in your computer. You have to do the roll back for the video card driver. For roll back for the graphic card follow the given steps.
    • Right click on the My computer.
    • Then go to properties
    • Then click on the hardware Tab
    • After that go to the Device manager
    • And then choose the graphic card.
    • Now click on the roll back
    • This will help you to roll back of the graphic card driver.

The above solutions are not working with your problem then you have to do the system restore. The system restore will help you to revert back the old setting of the graphic card.
    • Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    • In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
    • Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
    • Click OK.

Windows 7
    • Click Start
    • Panel
    • System
    • On the left menu Device Manager
    • In the new window click on graphics card

You should see the brand and model of your graphics card such as NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

I am also having the same problem with same graphic card. The only problem is that in the Device Manager, it corresponds to which driver ? Another thing: when I click download, it gives me : "dell driver management " and not a driver file that I can click with as a catalyst , what should I do ?
    Thank you and goodnight.