Thread: Screen Refresh rates don’t stay set on my Windows

Screen Refresh rates don’t stay set on my Windows

I had change the screen resolution of my system and I am facing certein issue in my monitor. I had set the screen rate to 59 hertz to 60 hertz. But when I reboot my system the screen flash backs and there is no proper resolution. I got a dialog box on the screen regarding the refresh rate. I had change the settings under Advance settings but nothing much helped here.

Re: Screen Refresh rates don’t stay set on my Windows

I think the monitor is not compatible with the system. If you are using a old crt monitor then the issue is common. I have a TV tuner card setup on my system and the frequency never stays stable. It gets refreshed and every-time on reboot I had to change the refresh rate. I want my system resolution to stay exposed at 60 hz. But nothing works there. Try to update your display drivers.

This is quiet normal with Windows XP. Geforce graphics cards sometimes have problems with the refresh rate. First, install the latest drivers for your monitor and your graphics card and test. If it's still not good. I am using NVRefresh Tool which is free and rule your rates or click on Advanced mode and it will automatically. After a reboot the refresh rate might stay on the same.

I had downloaded the latest drivers for the gpu I am using in my system. I have Geforce graphic card and I have a LCD monitor attached on the system. I also had NVRevfresh Desktop Tool and then another that manages the refresh rate of the system. I had tried updated the drivers of the same. But still I am not able to get proper settings on my system.

The refresh rate of the screen in a default Windows is so low that flicker is visible if only one is sensitive to this effect. The refresh rate is the number of scanning the entire screen illuminated by the three guns in one second. The unit of measure is Hz by default it is 60 Hz is insufficient for comfortable reading and prevent eye fatigue. The best way is to increase the frequency at least 75 Hz for CRTs.

LCDs do not suffer from the flickering of the image. The light is emitted by backlight independent of the pixel. There is no difference between 60Hz and 75 Hz. The refresh rates depend on the power of the graphics card, the bandwidth of the screen and the screen resolution. The higher the resolution is much more cooling is low. To modify this value in Windows, the driver of the screen should be properly installed. On the desktop, right-click Properties > Settings tab > Advanced button > Monitor tab.

I do not know if your screen is a conventional CRT or LCD. In the first case, a refresh rate 75 Hz is a minimum for the eyes in the second case, regardless of rate, and 60 Hz is the normal frequency. Thus 60 Hz is normal, and is also normal that you can not change it. My graphics card is GeForce 8800 GTS did not worry for achieving these refresh rates.