Thread: Eyefinity support of ATI for Widescreen gaming

Eyefinity support of ATI for Widescreen gaming

I had connected up to two monitors using the DVI cable and now planning to introduce a third one. For technical reasons it necessary to put DisplayPort connector on the graphics card. I had some Problem with this forced connection. I need some information on the eyefinity support on Windows. I have a dual gpu support ton the system. I had spended a good amount on that. Please help.

Re: Eyefinity support of ATI for Widescreen gaming

ATI has done with the Radeon HD 5000-series number of improvements, so that the 3D accelerators can sell well on the older Radeon HD 4000 generation. For not only the performance a significant step forward but also makes the image quality. In addition, describes the benefits of the ATI Radeon HD 5000-like models with two names: DirectX 11 and Eyefinity. While DirectX 11 is the most potential buyers certainly say something is Eyefinity for many potential customers an unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-Roger View Post
    I had some Problem with this forced connection. I need some information on the eyefinity support on Windows. I have a dual gpu support ton the system. I had spended a good amount on that. Please help.
    Eyefinity allows on Radeon HD 5800 and Radeon HD 5700-card more than two monitors to operate simultaneously. To date, all have ATI and Nvidia graphics cards control a maximum of two displays. The new ATI products can provide in the standard version, however up to three monitors with an image that can be placed also relatively flexible. And if even that is not enough later there will be the Radeon HD 5870 in a special Eyefinity version.

AMD was kind enough to us three 24-inch monitors from Dell (2408WFP) make available, which will allow us to test the operation of multiple monitors on a Radeon HD 5870, Radeon HD 5850 and Radeon HD a 5770th. Eyefinity is in short nothing else than the ability to be able to operate simultaneously as only two monitors. One of the limitations (in addition to Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Linux, Windows XP is not supported) is that at least one display port device must exist.

In the future it is still a special version of the Radeon HD 5870 indicate that comes with the same six mini-display port connectors, therefore, can control just like the six monitors.

Moreover Eyefinity compatible with Crossfire (where currently the driver can not handle it), so a maximum of 24 monitors (4 x 6 can be used). Apart from the compulsion to DisplayPort and the Windows (comes without XP) or Linux platform Eyefinity therefore a further limitation.

In six monitors more variable schedules are possible. The classic version is the establishment of each other (3x2 Landscape Display Group) to create the widest possible view. Alternatively, unusual combinations such as three units and three individually placed horizontally (3x1 Extended Display Group Plus 3) or four monitors as square and two individually placed is possible.